user account permission problems

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 18, 2005 8:51:26 PM

I have all of my user accounts set to inherit their permissions from the
parent folder. I have 3 accounts out of a few hundred that keep losing the
inherit from parent property. This results in them not using the proper
permission set. I can go into each account and check the inherit box,
apply, and all is gravy for an hour, then it goes right back to not having
the box checked. Any ideas?

-james
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:13:37 AM

When you say parent folder do you mean the OU they are in?

If that is the case, most likely the issue is by design, do a google search on
adminsdholder. It is in place to protect high power accounts like admins,
account ops, serv ops, etc.

joe

www.joeware.net

!