your package has experienced an exception

PAWoody

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
I placed my first order with Newegg for a cable modem on 01/07/2007. The order shipped 01/08/2007(UPS ground) from Baldwin Park, Ca. It arrived in Portland, Ore 01/10/2007. It left Portland, Ore on 01/11/2007, bound for Chelmsford, Maine (according to Newegg's tracking). I live in the Puget Sound region of Washington state.
I called Newegg and asked why my package would ship from California to Washington state via Maine. CS rep requested a trace. UPS now says "your package has experienced an exception"
An "exception"...WTF!... is that the politically correct term for employee theft? Or incompetence? What a load of corporate double speak!
Newegg offered to help me file a claim or give a refund. I chose the refund. I don't trust UPS anymore. Easier to just go to the local computer store and pay a little more. Then you have it in hand. No delays, no claims, no BS.
As far as Newegg is concerned, they were easy to deal with in this matter but I'm still waiting for my refund. (it's only been 1 day...but I don't expect any problems).
Will I use Newegg again? In the future, I don't think I'll be shopping with anyone who uses UPS as their default shipper. You can usually get a replacement or refund for lost/stolen shipments but not for your time or troubles.
What can Brown do for me? Not a damn thing!

Well here is some advice for shopping around town.

Sunday adds are your best friend. They hold most of all the adds for computer stores like Best Buy. Here, you can get New Egg prices w/o shipping.

Secondly.... Buy from smaller shops, not large chain stores. They do have sales, discounts... .and more importantly, they haggle. Many times you can get parts at %10 over Newegg prices (basicly as much as newegg is w/shipping)... and sometimes less then newegg... just tell them you want it at this price, take it or leave it.

GL with the refund.

enduroracer

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
hey there!!!
ups is crap man , it happened the same to me , i bring stuff from hong kong , electronics for being exactly
wow, i'm really concerned about this damn situation , it has never happened to me till now, i used to use tnt or others and are acceptable but ups is bs.. my package was billed on may the 30th 2008 and it hasn't arrive here yet, i don't know what 's going to happen , it says in the status like this"YOUR PACKAGE HAS EXPERIENCED AN EXCEPTION" , whf???? ... shipment pending release from clearance agency??? how come is this , i 'm working with ACTFIND, i don't know , i 've heard this situation before from actfind and ups , damn what a theft!!!!