Liberating the slaves.

There are a lot of slaves in the game, and most are unable to go free
because I can't find the keys to their bracers. Oh, sure. I can find the
keys that free the slaves just outside of Seya Deen (excuse poor spelling),
but from then on, I could never locate the key for others. Can anyone help
me here?

"Boo Foo" <spicyrednachos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<mzWFc.4525$R36.134@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> There are a lot of slaves in the game, and most are unable to go free
> because I can't find the keys to their bracers. Oh, sure. I can find the
> keys that free the slaves just outside of Seya Deen (excuse poor spelling),
> but from then on, I could never locate the key for others. Can anyone help
> me here?

Some slaves can be freed, others cannot. Unfortunately, I don't know
of a good way to tell which is which. Some keys are hard to find. A
nice long lasting and long ranged detect key can help. As can a good
way to light up those underground areas.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Whats the point in freeing slaves anyway?

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Boo Foo" <spicyrednachos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > There are a lot of slaves in the game, and most are unable to go free
> > because I can't find the keys to their bracers. Oh, sure. I can find the
> > keys that free the slaves just outside of Seya Deen (excuse poor
spelling),
> > but from then on, I could never locate the key for others. Can anyone
help
> > me here?
>
> Some slaves can be freed, others cannot. Unfortunately, I don't know
> of a good way to tell which is which. Some keys are hard to find. A
> nice long lasting and long ranged detect key can help. As can a good
> way to light up those underground areas.

---

"Boo Foo" <spicyrednachos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<mzWFc.4525$R36.134@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> There are a lot of slaves in the game, and most are unable to go free
> because I can't find the keys to their bracers. Oh, sure. I can find the
> keys that free the slaves just outside of Seya Deen (excuse poor spelling),
> but from then on, I could never locate the key for others. Can anyone help
> me here?

I think that most/all the slaves that are in caves can be freed with
keys. some keys are on people, some are placed in various locations
in the cave. A "detect key" spell or ring can help finding those.
There is a cave just outside Gnisis, for example, with a key to the
slaves held by an orc (who most likely attacks you just as you enter
the cave). Get the key off his body, and free about 5 slaves.

If the slave tells you, "There is no hope for me" (including the cattle in
vampire caves) then that slave cannot be freed. Supposedly, most others can
be. I've freed 62. So far. From what I've read there are about 160-184 in
the game that can be freed. And I spend a good deal of time looking for the
hideouts. It's a bummer.

JKL

"JKL" <JKL@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:<G8lJc.158312$tH1.5836512@twister.southeast.rr.com>...
> If the slave tells you, "There is no hope for me" (including the cattle in
> vampire caves) then that slave cannot be freed. Supposedly, most others can
> be. I've freed 62. So far. From what I've read there are about 160-184 in
> the game that can be freed. And I spend a good deal of time looking for the
> hideouts. It's a bummer.
>
> JKL

Have you managed to free any plantation slaves besides the DREN
plantation? The ones at DREN are the only ones I've found a key
for--though many others have "key" dialog options.

"Chris" <chrisn22@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Whats the point in freeing slaves anyway?

It's a self-initiated quest. Something to do.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net

In article <e7387fa.0407160816.22b4e012@posting.google.com>, DeAnn wrote:
> "JKL" <JKL@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:<G8lJc.158312$tH1.5836512@twister.southeast.rr.com>...
>> If the slave tells you, "There is no hope for me" (including the cattle in
>> vampire caves) then that slave cannot be freed. Supposedly, most others can
>> be. I've freed 62. So far. From what I've read there are about 160-184 in
>> the game that can be freed. And I spend a good deal of time looking for the
>> hideouts. It's a bummer.
>>
>> JKL
>>

> Have you managed to free any plantation slaves besides the DREN
> plantation? The ones at DREN are the only ones I've found a key
> for--though many others have "key" dialog options.

Free enough slaves and you'll be told about the "Twin Lamps", and can do a
few quests for someone in vivec. You might want to hold off the dren
plantation, as one of the quests is to free a specific slave from that one,
which you can't do if he's already free.

> You might want to hold off the dren
> plantation, as one of the quests is to free a specific slave from that one,
> which you can't do if he's already free.

I'm not sure if that was added by a mod, but that specific slave refused
to "Go free" because he is too old, when I asked him and hadn't been
given that quest.

Talking about mods, there are two excellent mods available which enhance
the slavery storyline significantly: Brother Junipers TwinLamps and
Nevenas TwinLamps & Slavehunters. The first can be enabled in a running
game, the second requires to start a new character.
Both mods make it possible to free some of the originally un-freeable
slaves. Nevenas mod actually adds two factions, the TwinLamps and
Slavehunters, so it's two storylines in one, though it makes little
sense to play both with the same character. :) Highly recommended, it
makes the whole free-the-slaves much more believable and realistic,
unlike the original "Go free - Thanks, bye". In the unmodded game one
would wonder how those slaves will make it back to the marshes or desert
alive from the middle of nowhere without becoming guar fodder. The whole
TwinLamps story in the original game looks unfinished to me. Those two
mods change that, each in its original way.

Peter

sarah

"Peter Strempel" <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The whole
> TwinLamps story in the original game looks unfinished to me. Those two
> mods change that, each in its original way.

Does it make sense to play both mods in the same game (Nevana's and Brother
Juniper's)? If not, which one do you think is better?

In article <2lqtt2Fg19knU1@uni-berlin.de>, Peter Strempel wrote:
>> You might want to hold off the dren
>> plantation, as one of the quests is to free a specific slave from that one,
>> which you can't do if he's already free.
>
> I'm not sure if that was added by a mod, but that specific slave refused
> to "Go free" because he is too old, when I asked him and hadn't been
> given that quest.

I think thats the one that has to be freed through the twin lamps quest.

Male argonian, right? Name of hides-his-foot?

<clip clip>

Sarah wrote:

> Does it make sense to play both mods in the same game (Nevana's and Brother
> Juniper's)?

Absolutely not. Technically both mods will interfer with each others.
You should only enable one of those two mods at the same time.

> If not, which one do you think is better?

Tough one. Both are good. Nevenas TwinLamps looks bigger, actually it's
two stories in one (TwinLamps & SlaveHunters, you cannot really join
both factions with one char). Also it makes freeing the slaves more
realistic, in the Juniper mod it's the old "Go free - bye".
If you have an ongoing game at the moment, you can play Brother Junipers
mod with the current character. Nevenas mod requires to start a new
character. If you want to start over anyways, I'd go for Nevenas mod. I
made a brute fighter for the slavehunters story, and a thievish kitty
for the TwinLamps. Both stories are interesting, the slavehunter part is
pretty mean. :)

> Tough one. Both are good. Nevenas TwinLamps looks bigger, actually it's
> two stories in one (TwinLamps & SlaveHunters, you cannot really join
> both factions with one char). Also it makes freeing the slaves more
> realistic, in the Juniper mod it's the old "Go free - bye".

I've read that Nevana's mod is pretty buggy. Still true, or has a later
version stabilized the mod a little more?

> If you have an ongoing game at the moment, you can play Brother Junipers
> mod with the current character. Nevenas mod requires to start a new
> character. If you want to start over anyways, I'd go for Nevenas mod. I
> made a brute fighter for the slavehunters story, and a thievish kitty
> for the TwinLamps. Both stories are interesting, the slavehunter part is
> pretty mean. :)

Sounds cool. I've played partway through Brother Juniper's mod with a few
characters but have never completed it. Next time I play Morrowind, I plan
to start a new character so perhaps I'll try Nevana's. I've got several
characters saved that can continue and complete Brother Juniper's mod.

seek@sentinal.smokegroup.net wrote:

> I think thats the one that has to be freed through the twin lamps quest.
>
> Male argonian, right? Name of hides-his-foot?
>
> <clip clip>

Who can tell, those lizards all look the same. But Hides-His-Foot is the
name. The names should be engraved into their bracers.

<grunt grunt>

Sarah wrote:

> I've read that Nevana's mod is pretty buggy. Still true, or has a later
> version stabilized the mod a little more?

I don't know about earlier versions, I downloaded it about a month ago
so cannot comment about previous versions. I played through most
slavehunters quests with zero problems, currently playing through the
TwinLamps story, so I havn't seen everything yet. There is one minor
dialog bug in a TwinLamps quest, but no showstopper. Generally I saw
nothing serious so far which would justify "pretty buggy", though I
didn't explore all of the mod yet.

Besides that, sometimes difficult to differ between bugs in a mod and
generic Morrowind bugs. ;*)

TRENDING THREADS