Measekite - new rule

Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own village
idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and see
his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete MK
messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.
45 answers Last reply
More about measekite rule

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:32:56 GMT, "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net>
    scribbled the following gem:

    >Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own village
    >idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    >well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and see
    >his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete MK
    >messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.

    I have a killfile set up to delete MK's messages as he has become a
    pain the ass.

    Burt wrote:
    > Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own village
    > idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    > well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    > people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and see
    > his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete MK
    > messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    > entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.

    All right, I'm in. Anyway I'm bored with him. Someone, maybe you Burt
    need to put together a disclaimer of sorts to post when ever he starts
    to spread his misinformation to an unknowing new poster. Maybe we could
    all dl it and use it sparingly.
    Thanks.
    Frank

    Burt
    You, Art and others are right, this has gone too far. I have allowed this
    person to annoy me on one occasion and once you start to get personal abuse it
    is hard to stop the thread so I decided a couple of days ago to kill filter
    measekite. However the only reason I did not do it is that sometimes he
    provides downright bad advice to somebody who needs help, helping or getting
    help is the main reason most of us are here. So in order to attempt to
    counteract the bad advice he sometimes gives I decided to scan his messages and
    where there was something that needs correction (assuming it is in my area of
    competence) I have decided to respond to the original question in order to put
    things straight. I have stopped responding to him directly. I don't want this
    thread to become a "measerkite" thread so i will not respond directly to him
    if he gets involved and will only diiscuss this subject with any who are
    genuinely interested in getting this ng back on track. However I welcome any
    comments on my intentions since I will change my mind and kill filter him if
    the concensus is in favour.
    Tony

    "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own village
    >idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    >well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and see
    >his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete MK
    >messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.

    Best I can do is advise from my own area of knowledge and let people decide
    what to do. I'm tired of having every post I do annotated and commented on
    by MK. Maybe a short disclaimer in areas that he takes great glee in
    negating to preempt his efforts. I just won't get into any more
    response/counter response with him as it is fruitless. He is simply not
    funny enough or witty enough to enjoy the reparte.

    Burt wrote:

    >Best I can do is advise from my own area of knowledge and let people decide
    >what to do. I'm tired of having every post I do annotated and commented on
    >by MK.

    Me Too

    >Maybe a short disclaimer in areas that he takes great glee in
    >negating to preempt his efforts.

    It will never happen.

    >I just won't get into any more
    >response/counter response with him as it is fruitless. He is simply not
    >funny enough or witty enough to enjoy the reparte.
    >
    ><Tony> wrote in message news:117nqrhqci26ua7@news.supernews.com...
    >

    >>Burt
    >>You, Art and others are right, this has gone too far. I have allowed this
    >>person to annoy me on one occasion and once you start to get personal
    >>abuse it
    >>is hard to stop the thread so I decided a couple of days ago to kill
    >>filter
    >>measekite. However the only reason I did not do it is that sometimes he
    >>provides downright bad advice to somebody who needs help, helping or
    >>getting
    >>help is the main reason most of us are here. So in order to attempt to
    >>counteract the bad advice he sometimes gives I decided to scan his
    >>messages and
    >>where there was something that needs correction (assuming it is in my area
    >>of
    >>competence) I have decided to respond to the original question in order to
    >>put
    >>things straight. I have stopped responding to him directly. I don't want
    >>this
    >>thread to become a "measerkite" thread so i will not respond directly to
    >>him
    >>if he gets involved and will only diiscuss this subject with any who are
    >>genuinely interested in getting this ng back on track. However I welcome
    >>any
    >>comments on my intentions since I will change my mind and kill filter him
    >>if
    >>the concensus is in favour.
    >>Tony
    >>

    >>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own
    >>>village
    >>>idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    >>>well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >>>people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and
    >>>see
    >>>his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete
    >>>MK
    >>>messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >>>entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.

    Honk Honk its dumbell Zonk

    Frank wrote:

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >> Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own
    >> village idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG
    >> (including inks as well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at
    >> the expense of all the people who find him offensive. For those of
    >> us who watch Bill Maher and see his "New Rules" segment, my "new
    >> rule" is to set a message rule to delete MK messages and hope you
    >> will also do the same. He's gone from mildly entertaining to totally
    >> disgusting. Who needs it.
    >>
    > All right, I'm in. Anyway I'm bored with him. Someone, maybe you Burt
    > need to put together a disclaimer of sorts to post when ever he starts
    > to spread his misinformation to an unknowing new poster. Maybe we
    > could all dl it and use it sparingly.
    > Thanks.
    > Frank

    I ahve a disclaimer too. Frankie Crankie

    Goodgodamighty, is there no subject on which measekite fails to post a
    negative comment, no matter how little he knows about it? He's now a
    laser cartridge critic!

    In article <XnUee.2291$X21.848@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    measekite@yahoo.com says...

    > Tony wrote:
    >
    > >Dr. Zonk <drzonk@thezunkinlandcrazyloonybin.invalid> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hey Tony, I use the occasional inkjet printer, but not much anymore, I
    > >>mostly use laser printers from different manufacturers, A Samsung
    > >>ML-1210 B&W, Okidata Okipage 4W B&W, Xerox Workcentre Pro 610 B&W and
    > >>lastly a Xerox DocuPrint NC60 Color Laser. The toner for the NC60 is
    > >>very pricey to buy, Not sure about the Pro 610. The Samsung ML-1210
    > >>toner cartridge has the drum built in like the HP's, but where I am,
    > >>they are almost a hundred dollars Canadian and expensive.
    > >>
    > >>Are there any places that sell bulk toner that is cheap?
    > >>
    > >>Dr. Zonk
    > >>

    > >Tony wrote:
    > >You picked three manufacturers that we don't remanufacture cartridges for.
    > >Bummer.....
    > >

    > See. This is proof that Tony da Tiger is trying to use this NG to
    > generate and lobby for his type of business. There are many others in
    > this NG who hope to increase profits by participating in this NG. That
    > is why I resent them. They are not being honest, even after they have
    > been exposed like Tony da Tiger. GOT MILK!

    Frankly, Frank (I hope that didn't sound like the start of a MK post!) I
    don't even want to see his garbage any more. If I am answering a post that
    involves something he would go off on I might put a not so subtle short
    message in it to take a constanly ranting responder with a grain of salt.
    Another thing to do is to suggest that someone seeking information set their
    NG reader to sort by sender and see the quality of people's posts and decide
    for themselves who to listen to...

    Burt wrote:

    >Frankly, Frank (I hope that didn't sound like the start of a MK post!) I
    >don't even want to see his garbage any more. If I am answering a post that
    >involves something he would go off on I might put a not so subtle short
    >message in it to take a constanly ranting responder with a grain of salt.
    >Another thing to do is to suggest that someone seeking information set their
    >NG reader to sort by sender and see the quality of people's posts and decide
    >for themselves who to listen to...

    And when they find out that this group has a bias of people who make a
    living from the aftermarket industy and another bunch who protect them
    then the things I say may sound refreshing.

    > And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    > it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    > And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    > it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    > And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    > it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is

    And he claims to be a professional and knocks every one else. Maybe he
    is a kid.

    "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in news:3y%ee.83734
    $eY7.5296171@phobos.telenet-ops.be:

    > "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >> it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >> And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >> it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >> And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >> it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >
    > And he claims to be a professional and knocks every one else. Maybe
    > he is a kid.

    No maybe. :-)

    The funniest part of his whole sad scheme of things, the unemployed
    Measetyke harasses well-respected websites, technicians and dealers as
    "unprofessional" when he himself totally lacks even the slightest glimmer
    of civility and professionalism in this newsgroup . Now in his greatest
    hour of need , the unconvincing troll can't even count on ONE SINGLE PERSON
    to back him or anything he has said . With absolutely no audience to speak
    to and no one to play with in this newsgroup , the lonely troll now passes
    his pathetic days by throwing secondhand one-liners and childrens rhymes
    (from his traumatic days at preschool) at every NG message he reads. This
    is so sad. Dr. Phil, he's all yours.

    "Dr. Zonk" <drzonk@thezunkinlandcrazyloonybin.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:32:56 GMT, "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net>
    > scribbled the following gem:
    >
    >>Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own
    >>village
    >>idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    >>well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >>people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and
    >>see
    >>his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete
    >>MK
    >>messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >>entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.
    >>

    > I have a killfile set up to delete MK's messages as he has become a
    > pain the ass.

    I would have done the same, problem is unlike many other useless trolls, he
    attempts to present himself as knowledgeable about things he knows nothing
    about, thereby misleading newcomers and giving them totally unreliable
    information. So the suggestion from someone that a standard disclaimer is
    produced to be posted in response to the original poster (not directly to
    his post) - and no other responses to his messages. One thing I hate with
    trolls I have killfiled is when people respond to them directly so I end out
    getting their drivel anyway.

    Caitlin wrote:

    >"Dr. Zonk" <drzonk@thezunkinlandcrazyloonybin.invalid> wrote in message
    >

    >>On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:32:56 GMT, "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net>
    >>scribbled the following gem:
    >>

    >>>Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own
    >>>village
    >>>idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    >>>well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >>>people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and
    >>>see
    >>>his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete
    >>>MK
    >>>messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >>>entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.
    >>>

    >>I have a killfile set up to delete MK's messages as he has become a
    >>pain the ass.
    >>

    >I would have done the same, problem is unlike many other useless trolls, he
    >attempts to present himself as knowledgeable about things he knows a lot of
    >about, thereby leading newcomers and giving them totally reliable
    >information. So the suggestion from someone that a standard disclaimer is
    >produced to be posted in response to the original poster (not directly to
    >his post) - and no other responses to his messages. One thing I hate with
    >trolls I have killfiled is when people respond to them directly so I end out
    >getting their drivel anyway.

    No win for you liars,

    I am glad you imbeciles are doing this because it is less typing for me.

    For now, I agree with the approach you mention, for people who can
    actually make corrections while refraining from getting into personal
    attacks.

    However, if a person cannot do so, the killfile may indeed be a better
    approach for everyone's sanity.

    If the offensive and continual postings don't start to decline, then the
    answer may be to killfile until the poster is stuck "speaking to himself".

    Art

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > For now, I agree with the approach you mention, for people who can
    > actually make corrections while refraining from getting into personal
    > attacks.
    >
    > However, if a person cannot do so, the killfile may indeed be a better
    > approach for everyone's sanity.
    >
    > If the offensive and continual postings don't start to decline, then the
    > answer may be to killfile until the poster is stuck "speaking to himself".

    Exactly what I'm now doing. Not seeing his drivel makes for a much
    better day.
    Let him talk to himself.
    Frank

    Sadly, these postings just add fuel to the fire, since he feels the need
    to respond.

    Art

    AA Battery <OneVolt@keeps_On_Ticking.net> wrote in

    > "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in news:3y%ee.83734
    > $eY7.5296171@phobos.telenet-ops.be:
    >

    >> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >>> And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >>> it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >>> it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it
    >>> is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >>> And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >>> it is And it is
    >>
    >> And he claims to be a professional and knocks every one else. Maybe
    >> he is a kid.
    >

    > No maybe. :-)
    >
    > ... the lonely troll now passes his pathetic days by throwing
    > secondhand one-liners and childrens rhymes (from his traumatic days at
    > preschool)

    Are you referring to the "great pencil" incident at pre-school? Yeah,
    he asked to borrow a pencil, he was too cheap to bring his own, from
    the little girl next to him. When she kindheartedly offered him one
    from her pink "Brittney Spears" pencil case, he examined it very closely
    and noticed it wasn't an OEM "Eagle Mirado Chemi-Sealed" pencil but a
    store brand (K-Mart). "This is nothing but a cheap piece of driftwood
    with a lump of coal inside", he screamed, throwing it back at the girl.
    "It's sold by hawkers and whores."
    Aghast, the teacher promptly gagged him with a beach ball in his
    rather over-sized mouth and hauled him kicking and screaming (in a
    muffled kind of way) to the "Dean's" office. The parents were called.
    When they came down to the school they listened to what had happened, and
    not surprisingly, agreed with their son. "That girl was in the wrong,"
    they explained, rewarding their son with a genuine Smuckers lollipop. Some
    people just don't want to hear the truth." (...think about it)

    ~ 60sKid (Hey, I like this newsgroup. Do I need a printer to join - it's
    OEM!)

    Out of yesteryear rides Peckerface. Do they call you Ir or Peck for short?

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

    >Goodgodamighty, is there no subject on which measekite fails to post a
    >negative comment, no matter how little he knows about it? He's now a
    >laser cartridge critic!
    >

    >In article <XnUee.2291$X21.848@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    >measekite@yahoo.com says...
    >

    >>Tony wrote:

    >>>Tony wrote:
    >>>You picked three manufacturers that we don't remanufacture cartridges for.
    >>>Bummer.....
    >>>

    >>See. This is proof that Tony da Tiger is trying to use this NG to
    >>generate and lobby for his type of business. There are many others in
    >>this NG who hope to increase profits by participating in this NG. That
    >>is why I resent them. They are not being honest, even after they have
    >>been exposed like Tony da Tiger. GOT MILK!

    The Karate Kid

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > Sadly, these postings just add fuel to the fire, since he feels the
    > need to respond.
    >
    > Art

    You are intuitive.

    AA Battery wrote:

    >"CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in news:3y%ee.83734
    >$eY7.5296171@phobos.telenet-ops.be:
    >

    >>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >>>it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >>>And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >>>it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >>>And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And
    >>>it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is And it is
    >>>

    >>And he claims to be a professional and knocks every one else. Maybe
    >>he is a kid.
    >>

    >No maybe. :-)
    >
    >The funniest part of his whole sad scheme of things, the unemployed
    >Measetyke harasses well-respected websites, technicians and dealers as
    >"unprofessional"

    spamming hawkers

    >when he himself totally lacks even the slightest glimmer
    >of civility and professionalism in this newsgroup . Now in his greatest
    >hour of need , the unconvincing troll can't even count on ONE SINGLE PERSON
    >to back him or anything he has said . With absolutely no audience to speak
    >to and no one to play with in this newsgroup ,

    This is not a closed club of morons. New people will always participate
    AAsho

    60sKid wrote:

    >AA Battery <OneVolt@keeps_On_Ticking.net> wrote in
    >

    >>"CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in news:3y%ee.83734
    >>$eY7.5296171@phobos.telenet-ops.be:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>And he claims to be a professional and knocks every one else. Maybe
    >>>he is a kid.
    >>>

    >>No maybe. :-)
    >>
    >>... the lonely troll now passes his pathetic days by throwing
    >>secondhand one-liners and childrens rhymes (from his traumatic days at
    >>preschool)
    >>

    >Are you referring to the "great pencil" incident at pre-school? Yeah,
    >he asked to borrow a pencil, he was too cheap to bring his own, from
    >the little girl next to him. When she kindheartedly offered him one
    >from her pink "Brittney Spears" pencil case, he examined it very closely
    >and noticed it wasn't an OEM "Eagle Mirado Chemi-Sealed" pencil but a
    >store brand (K-Mart).

    If thats where u shop that explains ur intelligence

    Frank wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> For now, I agree with the approach you mention, for people who can
    >> actually make corrections while refraining from getting into personal
    >> attacks.
    >>
    >> However, if a person cannot do so, the killfile may indeed be a
    >> better approach for everyone's sanity.
    >>
    >> If the offensive and continual postings don't start to decline, then
    >> the answer may be to killfile until the poster is stuck "speaking to
    >> himself".
    >

    > Exactly what I'm now doing. Not seeing his drivel makes for a much
    > better day.
    > Let him talk to himself.
    > Frank

    I agree Frankie Crankie. I guess I stopped you from answering me. Have
    a Lousey Day for you really are a LOWLIFE
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 16:15:57 GMT, "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net>
    scribbled the following gem:

    >Kadaitch Man - Much as I am still tempted to continue responding to
    >Measekite, this NG sorely needs to stop, killfile him, and let him talk to
    >himself. Please.

    Okay, he is officially killfiled immediately. One other thing, will
    you please post your reply on the bottom of each message you reply to?
    It confuses me. Top posting is bad.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > You just responded to me indirectly you holier than thou jerk. Now
    > you are speaking thru the KaaaDeuchMan dummy. Yes you are the quiet
    > one who is a snake.

    I would like to ask you something. Could you cut unnecessary quotes? It
    would make reading your posts easier. Very often you have short answers
    and extremely long quotes.

    --
    # Lukasz Ledóchowski
    # GG: 503647 lukled@tlen.pl

    "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > For now, I agree with the approach you mention, for people who can
    > actually make corrections while refraining from getting into personal
    > attacks.
    >
    > However, if a person cannot do so, the killfile may indeed be a better
    > approach for everyone's sanity.
    >
    > If the offensive and continual postings don't start to decline, then the
    > answer may be to killfile until the poster is stuck "speaking to himself".
    >
    > Art

    Yes - unfortunately a few haven't quite worked out the strategy - Don't
    reply directly to troll posts. If you have more to say on this topic reply
    to the original poster (or anyone else). This way those who have killfiles
    can continue in blissful ignorance, and those who are maintaining an eye out
    can post any disclaimer or corrections (directly to the OP) if necessary.

    If everyone sticks to this we might be able to re-establish a bit of order
    around here, and make it a useful place to hang out.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Caitlin wrote:

    >"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >

    >>For now, I agree with the approach you mention, for people who can
    >>actually make corrections while refraining from getting into personal
    >>attacks.
    >>
    >>However, if a person cannot do so, the killfile may indeed be a better
    >>approach for everyone's sanity.
    >>
    >>If the offensive and continual postings don't start to decline, then the
    >>answer may be to killfile until the poster is stuck "speaking to himself".
    >>
    >>Art
    >>

    >Yes - unfortunately a few haven't quite worked out the strategy - Don't
    >reply directly to troll posts. If you have more to say on this topic reply
    >to the original poster (or anyone else). This way those who have killfiles
    >can continue in blissful ignorance, and those who are maintaining an eye out
    >can post any disclaimer or corrections (directly to the OP) if necessary.
    >
    >If everyone sticks to this we might be able to re-establish a bit of order
    >around here, and make it a useful place to hang out.

    Yes, the children must hand out. This is OK for when a new person sees
    my truth that you idiots do not like they can read it in piece. Now I
    do not have to answer the morons.

    PS, not all of you are morons. Many are OK. It is just the lowlife
    dumbells like Frankie Crankie, Burtie Ferdie and WeStink.

  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Totally agree, they'er abit OTT and certainly see no purpose in their
    attitude and would take any advice from such people with a pinch of
    salt no matter their knowledge superior or inferior.

    What you learn from such actions you can write on the back of a
    postage stamp.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    OK

    £ukasz Ledóchowski wrote:

    >measekite wrote:
    >

    >>You just responded to me indirectly you holier than thou jerk. Now
    >>you are speaking thru the KaaaDeuchMan dummy. Yes you are the quiet
    >>one who is a snake.
    >>

    >I would like to ask you something. Could you cut unnecessary quotes? It
    >would make reading your posts easier. Very often you have short answers
    >and extremely long quotes.

  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    There went 6 minutes of my life, never to be seen again...

    Having moderated a rather large forum for a few years now, I can
    safely say this kind of thing just goes on and on. The 'standard
    reply' tactic seems to work pretty well, and people soon enough
    discover who is worth thier time.

    Killfiles/ignore and the like are good for the individual, but as
    noted earlier, may become a vector for spreading ignorance. My own
    experience leads me to believe a simple disclaimer works best.
    Something along the lines of "please search for XXX's posts when
    weighing thier advice" works very well, and really can't be disputed.
    We've gone so far as to keep cut'n'paste files with preloaded search
    links to example posts and threads.

    I realize that I'm not really contributing anything new here, but I
    hate to see good sources of information bogged down by the vapid,
    weak, and ultimately boring droolings of the socially inept.

    "They say that a million monkeys at a million typewriters in a million
    years could turn out the complete works of Shakespear. Thanks to the
    Internet, we now know this to be false."
  32. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Most everything in your reply seems reasonable and/or I would tend to
    agree with, however, I will make one final comment.

    Yes, the inks sold by 3rd party vendors often are made under labels
    which are not revealed, that is true, and it is true because most
    manufacturer's of the ink sell to many vendors and they don't want a
    price war for the same ink product. The vendors and the manufacturers
    often have a written contract that who they are will NOT be revealed. As
    I stated, some of these inks are manufactured by the same plants that
    are contracted by the OEMs. The OEMs will NOT allow the manufacturers
    to reveal themselves to the general public because, although the OEM ink
    formulas are usually proprietary, the differences in the formula can be
    minimal and meaningless in terms of the functionality of the ink. If
    you knew you could by Canson inks (I've intentionally made up this name)
    as 3rd party for half the price of the official Canson inks (with minor
    formulaic differences) where would you buy your inks? OEMS do not allow
    their manufacturers to say who makes their inks, and the same with 3rd
    party, and they may be one in the same.

    But that's almost secondary to what I am stating about 3rd party inks.
    Several of the companies you have "engaged" in debate with have been
    selling ink for 5 years or more. They simply could not maintain a
    client base if their inks clogged. I am not speaking about companies
    which change their name, but I may be speaking about 3rd party suppliers
    which might change their ink or cartridge suppliers.

    What is important is that they stand behind their product and resolve
    any problems that come up.

    I have no personal stake in any 3rd party ink or vendor, in fact, I have
    never purchased from any of the ones you have mentioned, and I don't
    correspond with any of them. I have one loose affiliation with one ink
    formulary company which is developing a totally new type of inkjet ink
    and series of papers in Europe, and that's it, so I have no ax to grind.

    I'm interested in people getting the best value and choice.

    And regardless of your experiences or of others you have met, I know for
    a fact both Epson and Canon printers do clog with OEM inks, so none of
    the ink formulae are perfect or without annoyances.

    Art
  33. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank,

    You have hardly helped matters with your third party innuendo, so please
    don't make it sound like you haven't been a participant in creating the
    problem.

    Several people have shown little or no restraint, and your reply to my
    message is another veiled attempt to kickstart the problems.

    Art

    Frank wrote:

    > Thanks for the very sound advice Art. Sadly, I fear your words of wisdom
    > will fall on deaf ears as it appears that the intended recipient, as
    > demonstrated by his postings, genuinely suffers from psychotic episodes
    > whenever he visits this ng.
    > Frank
  34. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Arthur
    What you have stated here is exactly correct (I know it to be so).
    The only additional comment I would make is that there is a distinction between
    third party cartridge manufacturers and those that refill OEM cartridges.
    Refillers (remanufacturers is more accurate because they often have to do a lot
    more than just pump in ink) can purchase inks from a variety of places. They
    too have their place and indeed with some cartridge types there are no
    compatibles available legally for patent reasons. These suppliers are usually
    unaware of whether the inks they use are the same as OEM or at least
    insignificantly different; the good remanufacturers do extensive testing and
    will ensure that their product is every bit as good in terms of quality, clog
    and fade resistance. In fact with a small number of cartridges the product is
    better than the OEM product in one respect - when refilled they are filled to
    capacity unlike the original cartridge (this really only applies to one
    manufacturer).
    Tony

    Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
    >Most everything in your reply seems reasonable and/or I would tend to
    >agree with, however, I will make one final comment.
    >
    >Yes, the inks sold by 3rd party vendors often are made under labels
    >which are not revealed, that is true, and it is true because most
    >manufacturer's of the ink sell to many vendors and they don't want a
    >price war for the same ink product. The vendors and the manufacturers
    >often have a written contract that who they are will NOT be revealed. As
    >I stated, some of these inks are manufactured by the same plants that
    >are contracted by the OEMs. The OEMs will NOT allow the manufacturers
    >to reveal themselves to the general public because, although the OEM ink
    >formulas are usually proprietary, the differences in the formula can be
    >minimal and meaningless in terms of the functionality of the ink. If
    >you knew you could by Canson inks (I've intentionally made up this name)
    >as 3rd party for half the price of the official Canson inks (with minor
    >formulaic differences) where would you buy your inks? OEMS do not allow
    >their manufacturers to say who makes their inks, and the same with 3rd
    >party, and they may be one in the same.
    >
    >But that's almost secondary to what I am stating about 3rd party inks.
    >Several of the companies you have "engaged" in debate with have been
    >selling ink for 5 years or more. They simply could not maintain a
    >client base if their inks clogged. I am not speaking about companies
    >which change their name, but I may be speaking about 3rd party suppliers
    >which might change their ink or cartridge suppliers.
    >
    >What is important is that they stand behind their product and resolve
    >any problems that come up.
    >
    >I have no personal stake in any 3rd party ink or vendor, in fact, I have
    >never purchased from any of the ones you have mentioned, and I don't
    >correspond with any of them. I have one loose affiliation with one ink
    >formulary company which is developing a totally new type of inkjet ink
    >and series of papers in Europe, and that's it, so I have no ax to grind.
    >
    >I'm interested in people getting the best value and choice.
    >
    >And regardless of your experiences or of others you have met, I know for
    >a fact both Epson and Canon printers do clog with OEM inks, so none of
    >the ink formulae are perfect or without annoyances.
    >

    >Art

  35. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > Frank,
    >
    > You have hardly helped matters with your third party innuendo, so please
    > don't make it sound like you haven't been a participant in creating the
    > problem.
    >
    > Several people have shown little or no restraint, and your reply to my
    > message is another veiled attempt to kickstart the problems.
    >
    > Art
    >

    > Frank wrote:
    >

    >> Thanks for the very sound advice Art. Sadly, I fear your words of
    >> wisdom will fall on deaf ears as it appears that the intended
    >> recipient, as demonstrated by his postings, genuinely suffers from
    >> psychotic episodes whenever he visits this ng.
    >> Frank

    Sorry Art, but my response to your post was indeed truthful and as we
    all know the truth is often referred to as the "awful truth". Also I
    referenced "psychotic episodes" not in an any veiled attempt but in a
    logical manner befitting the exhibited behavior.
    No more, no less.
    Frank
  36. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > Most everything in your reply seems reasonable and/or I would tend to
    > agree with, however, I will make one final comment.
    >
    > Yes, the inks sold by 3rd party vendors often are made under labels
    > which are not revealed, that is true, and it is true because most
    > manufacturer's of the ink sell to many vendors and they don't want a
    > price war for the same ink product. The vendors and the manufacturers
    > often have a written contract that who they are will NOT be revealed.
    > As I stated, some of these inks are manufactured by the same plants
    > that are contracted by the OEMs. The OEMs will NOT allow the
    > manufacturers to reveal themselves to the general public because,
    > although the OEM ink formulas are usually proprietary, the differences
    > in the formula can be minimal and meaningless in terms of the
    > functionality of the ink. If you knew you could by Canson inks (I've
    > intentionally made up this name) as 3rd party for half the price of
    > the official Canson inks (with minor formulaic differences) where
    > would you buy your inks? OEMS do not allow their manufacturers to say
    > who makes their inks, and the same with 3rd party, and they may be one
    > in the same.

    However in the case of Sensinet, that is not the case. Some places
    either say in writing or verbally that they are selling Formulabs ink
    while other sell it will not disclose that to a customer. You do not
    need a contract to by Formulabs ink from Sensinent. If I wanted to buy
    gallon quantities I could. I could then prefill them in XYZ carts and
    sell them and disclose that they are prefilled with Sensinet Formulabs.
    I have not contract and they would not be able to stop me.

    Maybe in some cases what you say may be relevant but not in others.

    > But that's almost secondary to what I am stating about 3rd party inks.
    > Several of the companies you have "engaged" in debate with have been
    > selling ink for 5 years or more. They simply could not maintain a
    > client base if their inks clogged. I am not speaking about companies
    > which change their name, but I may be speaking about 3rd party
    > suppliers which might change their ink or cartridge suppliers.
    >
    > What is important is that they stand behind their product and resolve
    > any problems that come up.
    >
    > I have no personal stake in any 3rd party ink or vendor, in fact, I
    > have never purchased from any of the ones you have mentioned, and I
    > don't correspond with any of them. I have one loose affiliation with
    > one ink formulary company which is developing a totally new type of
    > inkjet ink and series of papers in Europe, and that's it, so I have no
    > ax to grind.
    >
    > I'm interested in people getting the best value and choice.
    >
    > And regardless of your experiences or of others you have met, I know
    > for a fact both Epson and Canon printers do clog with OEM inks, so
    > none of the ink formulae are perfect or without annoyances.

    I just say that there are fewer reports of clogs with Canon than Epson
    and of these clogged Canons more are using some aftermarket ink. As for
    HP, because they supply a new head with each cartridge there are very
    few reports of head clogs. I even let my HP sit idle for 3 months at a
    time and it picks up printing just fine.

    > Art

  37. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Formulabs/Sensinet may or may not deal with OEM manufacturers, I don't
    know the company. Also, you may indeed be able to buy gallons of inks
    from them, but 3rd party ink companies by hundreds of gallons, and at
    wholesale, and they may indeed be required to sign a contract, I can't
    say what policies and who requires them.

    What I am saying is that in much of this industry there is a wall of
    silence kept regarding who makes what for whom, right or wrong. So, in
    certain cases when you make demands for certain information to be
    revealed you may place the vendor between your expectations and an NDA
    which, if violated could lead to a huge financial complication. I'd
    suggest that you may be unhappy about the method of these contracts, but
    it may be something outside of the ink vendor's control.

    Art

    measekite wrote:

    > However in the case of Sensinet, that is not the case. Some places
    > either say in writing or verbally that they are selling Formulabs ink
    > while other sell it will not disclose that to a customer. You do not
    > need a contract to by Formulabs ink from Sensinent. If I wanted to buy
    > gallon quantities I could. I could then prefill them in XYZ carts and
    > sell them and disclose that they are prefilled with Sensinet Formulabs.
    > I have not contract and they would not be able to stop me.
    >
    > Maybe in some cases what you say may be relevant but not in others.

  38. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> Frank,
    >>
    >> You have hardly helped matters with your third party innuendo, so
    >> please don't make it sound like you haven't been a participant in
    >> creating the problem.
    >>
    >> Several people have shown little or no restraint, and your reply to
    >> my message is another veiled attempt to kickstart the problems.
    >>
    >> Art
    >>

    >> Frank wrote:
    >>

    >>> Thanks for the very sound advice Art. Sadly, I fear your words of
    >>> wisdom will fall on deaf ears as it appears that the intended
    >>> recipient, as demonstrated by his postings, genuinely suffers from
    >>> psychotic episodes whenever he visits this ng.
    >>> Frank
    >>

    > Sorry Art, but my response to your post was indeed truthful and as we
    > all know the truth is often referred to as the "awful truth". Also I
    > referenced "psychotic episodes" not in an any veiled attempt but in a
    > logical manner befitting the exhibited behavior.
    > No more, no less.
    > Frankie Crankie
  39. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <pPIge.16088$J12.13030@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    measekite@yahoo.com says...

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    > > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > >
    > >> Frank,
    > >>
    > >> You have hardly helped matters with your third party innuendo, so
    > >> please don't make it sound like you haven't been a participant in
    > >> creating the problem.
    > >>
    > >> Several people have shown little or no restraint, and your reply to
    > >> my message is another veiled attempt to kickstart the problems.
    > >>
    > >> Art

    He has shown a little more restraint lately, but still tries to come on
    as an expert on subjects he has no direct knowledge of. Be careful, if
    he ever finds out all of you have been screwing Jodie Foster, it will
    push him back over the edge.
  40. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Irwin Peckinloomer <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote:
    >In article <pPIge.16088$J12.13030@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    >measekite@yahoo.com says...
    >>

    >> Frank wrote:

    >He has shown a little more restraint lately, but still tries to come on
    >as an expert on subjects he has no direct knowledge of. Be careful, if
    >he ever finds out all of you have been screwing Jodie Foster, it will
    >push him back over the edge.

    How did you know about Jodie and me?????
    I bet you have been lurking outside places you have no business to be....peeper.
    Seriously, she is very special :-)
  41. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

    >In article <pPIge.16088$J12.13030@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    >measekite@yahoo.com says...
    >

    >>Frank wrote:

    >He has shown a little more restraint lately, but still tries to come on
    >as an expert on subjects he has no direct knowledge of. Be careful, if
    >he ever finds out all of you have been screwing Jodie Foster, it will
    >push him back over the edge.

    I do not think they have been screwing anybody. All of their time went
    to refilling carts. :-)
  42. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    fostering friendship wrote:

    >Irwin Peckinloomer <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <pPIge.16088$J12.13030@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    >>measekite@yahoo.com says...

    >>He has shown a little more restraint lately, but still tries to come on
    >>as an expert on subjects he has no direct knowledge of. Be careful, if
    >>he ever finds out all of you have been screwing Jodie Foster, it will
    >>push him back over the edge.
    >>

    >How did you know about Jodie and me?????
    >I bet you have been lurking outside places you have no business to be....peeper.
    >Seriously, she is very special :-)

    Isn't she kind of old?
  43. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Hey, watch who you try to associate with us members of the very exclusive
    refillers club. I can tolerate almost any abuse from you but guilt by
    association.

    > Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    >
    >>In article <pPIge.16088$J12.13030@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    >>measekite@yahoo.com says...

    >>He has shown a little more restraint lately, but still tries to come on as
    >>an expert on subjects he has no direct knowledge of. Be careful, if he
    >>ever finds out all of you have been screwing Jodie Foster, it will push
    >>him back over the edge.
    >>

    > I do not think they have been screwing anybody. All of their time went to
    > refilling carts. :-)
  44. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <coRee.2200$X21.846@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, Burt
    <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> writes
    >Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own village
    >idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including inks as
    >well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher and see
    >his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to delete MK
    >messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.

    Been in my KF since 23rd March 2005 and will remain there indefinitely -
    the first time I have taken such a step with anyone on the printers
    group in many years of writing to it, but it has cut down the crass
    stupidity on the newsgroup considerably. The only time I see his name
    these days is when people reply to him and the fewer who did that, the
    better it would be for everyone.
    --
    Kennedy
  45. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Kennedy McEwen wrote:

    > In article <coRee.2200$X21.846@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, Burt
    > <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> writes
    >
    >> Hey guys, this is the last post I am going to waste on our very own
    >> village
    >> idiot. Arthur Entlich is right. This is a printer NG (including
    >> inks as
    >> well) and not a venue for MK's entertainment at the expense of all the
    >> people who find him offensive. For those of us who watch Bill Maher
    >> and see
    >> his "New Rules" segment, my "new rule" is to set a message rule to
    >> delete MK
    >> messages and hope you will also do the same. He's gone from mildly
    >> entertaining to totally disgusting. Who needs it.
    >>
    > Been in my KF since 23rd March 2005 and will remain there indefinitely
    > - the first time I have taken such a step with anyone on the printers
    > group in many years of writing to it, but it has cut down the crass
    > stupidity on the newsgroup considerably. The only time I see his name
    > these days is when people reply to him and the fewer who did that, the
    > better it would be for everyone.

    Great! You lighten my rsponse load.

Printers Peripherals