Audit Account Logon events not logged...

Hi,

We've enabled Auditing on Account Logons on our domain controlers(3
dc's). (Success and Failure)
For the last four days the related events stopped appearing in the
security event logs. (Events 672-673-675-677-680-681)

When i look at the policy result on a domain controller, the settings
appear to be right.

Has anyone ever had simmilar problems?

Thanks in advance...

ThomasV
2 answers Last reply
More about audit account logon events logged

    Thomas,

    I have seen this happen when the logs are full and are not set to allocate
    more space. It sounds simple, but is this the case??

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "ThomasV" <verschuren@aksis.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We've enabled Auditing on Account Logons on our domain controlers(3 dc's).
    > (Success and Failure)
    > For the last four days the related events stopped appearing in the
    > security event logs. (Events 672-673-675-677-680-681)
    >
    > When i look at the policy result on a domain controller, the settings
    > appear to be right.
    >
    > Has anyone ever had simmilar problems?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    >

    > ThomasV

    In continuation to what Ryan suggested, you can set this via Group Policy.
    You can set the size of the event log and how it makes more room...

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
    > Thomas,
    >
    > I have seen this happen when the logs are full and are not set to allocate
    > more space. It sounds simple, but is this the case??
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Hanisco
    > MCSE, MCDBA
    > FlagShip Integration Services
    > Chicago, IL
    >
    > "ThomasV" <verschuren@aksis.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We've enabled Auditing on Account Logons on our domain controlers(3
    >> dc's). (Success and Failure)
    >> For the last four days the related events stopped appearing in the
    >> security event logs. (Events 672-673-675-677-680-681)
    >>
    >> When i look at the policy result on a domain controller, the settings
    >> appear to be right.
    >>
    >> Has anyone ever had simmilar problems?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance...
    >>

    >> ThomasV

Active Directory Events Domain Controller Windows