Audit Account Logon events not logged...

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 20, 2005 4:18:33 PM

Hi,

We've enabled Auditing on Account Logons on our domain controlers(3
dc's). (Success and Failure)
For the last four days the related events stopped appearing in the
security event logs. (Events 672-673-675-677-680-681)

When i look at the policy result on a domain controller, the settings
appear to be right.

Has anyone ever had simmilar problems?

Thanks in advance...

ThomasV
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 6:38:10 PM

Thomas,

I have seen this happen when the logs are full and are not set to allocate
more space. It sounds simple, but is this the case??

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"ThomasV" <verschuren@aksis.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We've enabled Auditing on Account Logons on our domain controlers(3 dc's).
> (Success and Failure)
> For the last four days the related events stopped appearing in the
> security event logs. (Events 672-673-675-677-680-681)
>
> When i look at the policy result on a domain controller, the settings
> appear to be right.
>
> Has anyone ever had simmilar problems?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>

> ThomasV
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:31:01 AM

In continuation to what Ryan suggested, you can set this via Group Policy.
You can set the size of the event log and how it makes more room...

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com