Sign in with
Your question

Your opinions about Conroe by those who got one installed

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 13, 2006 10:39:39 PM

Hi, i decided to create this thread (maby a bit to early) for those who will be building new pcs soon (using the new conroes)but would like to receive information from those who already instaled conroes in their pc's. We all know that the conroe will be ...awsome, but just based on everyday pc activities how would You describe the new cpu changes? If You are the lucky one to have the conroe in Your system would You please share a bit of info:

-What model do You have?
-How would You judge this cpu, compared to Your old one(what was it)?
-Do You see a great deal of improvement over the previous cpu(not necesarely in benchmarks, but in everyday pc use)?
-Was it worth the swich/upgrade ( consideringthe costs of invested money on a new motherboard/cpu)?
-Would You have bought the conroe, if You knew what You know now(using the cpu in Your pc)?
-Has the overal system temperature droped by any chance(because of the reduced power consumption of this pcu)?

Thank You for all replies/thoughts on this mater.
July 13, 2006 10:57:40 PM

ROFLMAO
July 13, 2006 11:01:47 PM

I've heard a lot about thermal problems from them so far, but that's probably board/heatsink/paste problems tbh.
Related resources
July 13, 2006 11:16:47 PM

I'm very interested in the thermals as well. While overall energy efficiency is important, high temperatures mean big heatsinks and loud fans. I would have to reconsider my decision to upgrade to Conroe if they run too hot.
July 14, 2006 3:05:40 AM

Quote:
I'm very interested in the thermals as well. While overall energy efficiency is important, high temperatures mean big heatsinks and loud fans. I would have to reconsider my decision to upgrade to Conroe if they run too hot.

I wouldn't be worried, they are very low power compared to Prescott. And power is directly correlated to heat, which means much less heat.
July 14, 2006 3:16:37 AM

i agrie but well c how itl go, especialy with the cpu's used by "us" consumers, not reviewers in the lab, "if it will fail, it will do so in the field" :wink:
July 14, 2006 9:03:49 AM

Quote:
ROFLMAO
Once again, your extremely high I.Q. has eluded you, and you post something much less intelligent than my 13 year-old daughter could have thought up. No surprise there.
!