I am getting the message when I am trying to restart or shutdown Windows 7 Professional "1 program still needs to close: (Waiting for) Task Host Window
Task Host is executing shutdown tasks, and stopping tasks that are already running.
There are NO tasks running. This has been going on for days now. What causes this crappy annoyance and how can I fix it?
In event viewer i found next error:
Log Name: System
Date: thu. 12.11.09 13:13:29
Event ID: 43029
Task Category: DAL
Display is not active
My graphic card :
Vendor ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Driver: atiumdag 8.14.10.0678 - ATI Catalyst 9.7
Navigate to your C:Windows\System32\drivers (assuming Windows is installed in C: with default path). Look for atikmdag.sys and hover your mouse over it. If this driver version number is different from the latest driver version, it needs to replaced. So what you do is:
1. Download the latest driver version and extract the contents of the .exe file (this should happen when you double click on the .exe, if not, use 7zip to extract it).
2. Rename your current atikmdag.sys file to atikmdag.sys.old.
3. Look for atikmdag.sy_ in the folder where you extracted the latest drivers.
4. Copy atikmdag.sy_ to WindowsSystem32drivers folder.
5. Open command prompt in Administrator mode (start menu->programs->accessories->right click command prompt->Run as Administrator).
6. Navigate to your Windows\System32\drivers folder. (example cd C:\Windows\System32\drivers)
7. Type expand atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys
8. Reboot computer.
I installed a new driver and after first restart the message did not appear.
After the second restart message appeared again.
I think it is a driver or Windows bugs.In any case, thank you for your time
Check out the solution from lucifervn http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/699-host-pr...
Open up Task Scheduler.
Expand and go to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> RAC.
Click on View menu, and then enable Show Hidden Tasks (so that a tick appear beside it).
Right click on RACAgent (Windows Vista) or RACTask (Windows 7), and select Disable so that the status appears as Disabled.