Problem with monitor settings

thanksinadvance

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Power went out today and when computer came back on in display properties in the settings it listed three monitors instead of two. It now has my main monitor listed as 3 my second monitor as one and i disabled 2. The problem is I play poker and when I play mulitable tables theres an option to tile the windows so they all line up but since my main monitor is labled as 3 and second monitor as 1 when I go to tile the games it does it on my second monitor. Is there a way to change it back to the way it was primary as 1 secondary as 2?

thanksinadvance

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Under monitors it has listed 4 default monitors and 2 plug and play monitors, I uninstalled them all restarted the computer but it didn't install anything all 6 monitor settings were back.

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Under monitors it has listed 4 default monitors and 2 plug and play monitors, I uninstalled them all restarted the computer but it didn't install anything all 6 monitor settings were back.
hmmmm you can try to remove them from windows registry, but i dont recommend

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
OK...SLI has been known to be glitchy when working with multiple displays. Try taking one card out, and see if that fixes your problems. If that works, uninstall/reinstall your video drivers and set up your displays as usual.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Since you obviously aren't using the sli why not just plug one monitor into one card?

I believe he is using SLI...

I have dual 7900gts hooked up to the dvi ports on one card.

Granted, he said it wrong, but I believe he has two monitors hooked up to the two DVI ports on one 7900 GT, with the other connected by the SLI bridge. That is how it works, isn't it?

thanksinadvance

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Yes, thats how it works but I have SLI turned off in the settings on the video card.

I went into bios and selected single video card instead of dual. Now the 3rd monitor is gone but my main screen is listed as 2 now instead of 3 so I still have the same problem.