  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 8:39:29 AM

I got an older PC with a SIIG jj-p20012 PCI dual
parallel port card in it, but no external cable.

Does anyone know the pinout of the 37 pin connector?

--
Remove the meat from my e-mail to reply.

More about : pinout siig dual parallel card

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:40:11 AM

GAlan wrote:

> I got an older PC with a SIIG jj-p20012 PCI dual
> parallel port card in it, but no external cable.
>
> Does anyone know the pinout of the 37 pin connector?

I have one of those.

There is no pinout in the manual.

However, it is a standard IEEE 1248-1994 port that supports EPP, ECP(PIO
Mode), Bidirectional parallel port BPP and Standard Parallel Port SPP.

Up to 2 MB/sec.

You can Google the "Parallel Port Pinout" and get what you want.

Drivers, if needed, are available still at SIIG web site.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:46:48 PM

jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote in
news:D 5i9fl02jb3@enews2.newsguy.com:

> GAlan wrote:
>
>> I got an older PC with a SIIG jj-p20012 PCI dual
>> parallel port card in it, but no external cable.
>>
>> Does anyone know the pinout of the 37 pin connector?
>>
> I have one of those.
>
> There is no pinout in the manual.
>
> However, it is a standard IEEE 1248-1994 port that supports EPP,
> ECP(PIO Mode), Bidirectional parallel port BPP and Standard Parallel
> Port SPP.
>
> Up to 2 MB/sec.
>
> You can Google the "Parallel Port Pinout" and get what you want.
>
> Drivers, if needed, are available still at SIIG web site.

I can find all the _single_ port LPT pinouts there are, but
finding how SIIG mapped their _dual_ LPT to one 37 pin D-SUB
female connector is a different story.

Any chance you could map out your cable with an ohmmeter and
post the results for the edification of the masses? ;)

My last big cable mapping project was the breakout cable for
a NuBus Media 100 Macintosh video editing system. (With parts
list for building a cable.)

http://members.ispwest.com/gregg1/media100/breakout/bre...

Why? Because Media 100 used to have this upgrade deal where
you either had to cut the plugs off the old cable and send them
in or send the whole cable and breakout box in. Thus there's
a bunch of card pairs out there with no breakout boxes.