Error Msg re 16 bit Windows Subsystem - missing file

Often, while trying to update or install, the following
message appears:

16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM

C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Local S....\Temp\

A Temp file needed for initialization could not be
created or could not be written to.

???
2 answers Last reply
More about error windows subsystem missing file

    Have you rebooted?

    "Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Often, while trying to update or install, the following
    > message appears:
    >
    > 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Local S....\Temp\
    >
    > A Temp file needed for initialization could not be
    > created or could not be written to.
    >
    > ???

    Please ignore the above post about rebooting. I meant to reply to the post
    above yours. Sorry for any confusion.

    "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Have you rebooted?
    >
    > "Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Often, while trying to update or install, the following
    >> message appears:
    >>
    >> 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
    >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Local S....\Temp\
    >>
    >> A Temp file needed for initialization could not be
    >> created or could not be written to.
    >>
    >> ???

Microsoft Windows XP