Spell Effects, stacked?

Just curious as to which spell effects stack and which does not.
All fortify spells apparently stack, hence the infinite intelligence
abuse. What about others? I was hoping that resist series will, but
apparently not. MW appears to apply the highest effect, ignoring
the rest. Chameleon appears to stack, as wearing multiple Chameleon
items appear to give you complete invisibility. What about levitate?
Would 8 points CE levitate ring stacks with 7 points CE levitate
Caphalopod helm? Any idea?

On bug, has anybody encountered the problem with Chameleon?
Specifically, I put on CE Chameleon items and forgot to remove it
when I talk to a trader in Gnisis. The chap now refuses to talk to
me, keep saying "what's there" despite my having removed the CE
Chameleon item. Have others encountered this bug?

Later...

kirati_lai@hotmail.com (K. Laisathit) wrote in message news:<29fffc6e.0407042234.78a5b8e3@posting.google.com>...
> Just curious as to which spell effects stack and which does not.
> All fortify spells apparently stack, hence the infinite intelligence
> abuse. What about others? I was hoping that resist series will, but
> apparently not. MW appears to apply the highest effect, ignoring
> the rest. Chameleon appears to stack, as wearing multiple Chameleon
> items appear to give you complete invisibility. What about levitate?
> Would 8 points CE levitate ring stacks with 7 points CE levitate
> Caphalopod helm? Any idea?
>
> On bug, has anybody encountered the problem with Chameleon?
> Specifically, I put on CE Chameleon items and forgot to remove it
> when I talk to a trader in Gnisis. The chap now refuses to talk to
> me, keep saying "what's there" despite my having removed the CE
> Chameleon item. Have others encountered this bug?
>
> Later...

There is one trader in Gnisis that often can't see you if you are
"behind" objects like eggs or poles. Try moving a bit to either side
when this happens.

On 4 Jul 2004 23:34:11 -0700, kirati_lai@hotmail.com (K. Laisathit)
wrote:

>Just curious as to which spell effects stack and which does not.
>All fortify spells apparently stack, hence the infinite intelligence
>abuse. What about others? I was hoping that resist series will, but
>apparently not. MW appears to apply the highest effect, ignoring
>the rest. Chameleon appears to stack, as wearing multiple Chameleon
>items appear to give you complete invisibility. What about levitate?
>Would 8 points CE levitate ring stacks with 7 points CE levitate
>Caphalopod helm? Any idea?

Yes, all spell effects stack _if they are from different spells_.
You can cast Feather twice and only get one spell's worth of effect, but
if you cast two differently named feather spells, then the effects are
added together. This means it can be helpful to have multiple similar
spells, with long durations and small effects - they are easier to cast
together than a single spell that does the same thing would be.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

I believe it's the female Dark elf trader in gnisis, the one in the middle
of other two. She has this big shade on her shop, which limits her
eye-sight.