running DCDIAG prior to installing new Exchange 2003 server

I ran thge DCDIAG tool as prescribed in the pre-setup for installing Exchange
2003. I ran the tool against both my DC's which are Windows 2000 SP4. Server
A is running DNS, WINS, and has all the roles for PDC. Server B is my
Exchange 2000 server and it has DNS.

When I ran the DCDIAG tool it passed all tests for both servers except 1.
This is the error from the report file generated.

Starting test: NCSecDesc
Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn't have
Replicating Directory Changes All
access rights for the naming context:
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=NewWaveTech,DC=com
Error BUILTIN\Administrators doesn't have
Replicating Directory Changes All
access rights for the naming context:
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=NewWaveTech,DC=com
Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn't have
Replicating Directory Changes All
access rights for the naming context:
CN=Configuration,DC=NewWaveTech,DC=com
Error BUILTIN\Administrators doesn't have
Replicating Directory Changes All
access rights for the naming context:
CN=Configuration,DC=NewWaveTech,DC=com
Error NEWWAVE\Domain Controllers doesn't have
Replicating Directory Changes All
access rights for the naming context:
DC=NewWaveTech,DC=com
......................... DATA2 failed test NCSecDesc

Not sure which way to go with this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help.
6 answers Last reply
More about running dcdiag prior installing exchange 2003 server

    Well, I've never seen that error before. However, it looks easy to resolve.
    Have a look at this article, and use the general instructions to grant the
    permissions (noted in your error) to the group(s) in question in the error
    you posted:
    -- http://www.msresource.net/content/view/44/47/

    --
    Paul Williams
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services

    Will I need to re-run the DCDIAG again? I ran the NETDIAG on both DC's and it
    passed on both servers.

    Will try it in the morning and let you know. Thanks

    "ptwilliams" wrote:

    > Well, I've never seen that error before. However, it looks easy to resolve.
    > Have a look at this article, and use the general instructions to grant the
    > permissions (noted in your error) to the group(s) in question in the error
    > you posted:
    > -- http://www.msresource.net/content/view/44/47/
    >
    > --
    > Paul Williams
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
    > http://www.msresource.net | http://forums.msresource.net

    I followed the articlew and changed the security settings. Re-ran DCDIAG and
    got no errors this time.

    Now onto the Exchange install itself.

    Thanks for the help and info.

    "carl" wrote:

    > Will I need to re-run the DCDIAG again? I ran the NETDIAG on both DC's and it
    > passed on both servers.
    >
    > Will try it in the morning and let you know. Thanks
    >
    > "ptwilliams" wrote:
    >
    > > Well, I've never seen that error before. However, it looks easy to resolve.
    > > Have a look at this article, and use the general instructions to grant the
    > > permissions (noted in your error) to the group(s) in question in the error
    > > you posted:
    > > -- http://www.msresource.net/content/view/44/47/
    > >
    > > --
    > > Paul Williams
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
    > > http://www.msresource.net | http://forums.msresource.net

    No problem! Glad to have helped! : )

    --
    Paul Williams
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
    http://www.msresource.net | http://forums.msresource.net

    No wonder you were awarded the MVP Award! Great job, Paul!

    No if only I had time to work on my rather bleak web site!

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > No problem! Glad to have helped! : )
    >
    > --
    > Paul Williams
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
    > http://www.msresource.net | http://forums.msresource.net

    > No wonder you were awarded the MVP Award! Great job, Paul!

    Thanks Cary!!!!

    > No if only I had time to work on my rather bleak web site!

    It's not bland!!! Keep at it!!! ;-)

    --
    Paul Williams
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
    http://www.msresource.net | http://forums.msresource.net

Exchange 2003 Servers Active Directory Windows