HP 9650 Color Problem

I have a problem with my new HP 9650 color ink-jet printer.
- Red prints as brown.
- Orange prints as brown.
- Yellow prints as beige.
- Different shades of green print as the same shade.
- Different shades of blue print as the same shade.

What should I do??
- return the printer? (a pain)
- get a new print cartridge? (simple)
- get a new print driver? (my pc runs Win2K)

Thanks in advance...
2 answers Last reply
More about 9650 color problem

    Hi
    That's not a cheap printer, if it's new then I strongly recommend that you call
    HP or the place you bought it from and get it repaired under warranty. Sounds
    like one of the cartridges is bad but why buy a new cartridge if the old one
    has failed and can be replaced under warranty.
    Tony

    <akleak@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my new HP 9650 color ink-jet printer.
    > - Red prints as brown.
    > - Orange prints as brown.
    > - Yellow prints as beige.
    > - Different shades of green print as the same shade.
    > - Different shades of blue print as the same shade.
    >
    > What should I do??
    > - return the printer? (a pain)
    > - get a new print cartridge? (simple)
    > - get a new print driver? (my pc runs Win2K)

    It sounds like you have a damaged color cartridge. If it is an original HP
    cartridge then contact HP or your dealer for a replacement. HP contact
    information can be found at:
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

    Regards,

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals