I have a problem with my new HP 9650 color ink-jet printer.
- Red prints as brown.
- Orange prints as brown.
- Yellow prints as beige.
- Different shades of green print as the same shade.
- Different shades of blue print as the same shade.

What should I do??
- return the printer? (a pain)
- get a new print cartridge? (simple)
- get a new print driver? (my pc runs Win2K)

Thanks in advance...

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi
That's not a cheap printer, if it's new then I strongly recommend that you call
HP or the place you bought it from and get it repaired under warranty. Sounds
like one of the cartridges is bad but why buy a new cartridge if the old one
has failed and can be replaced under warranty.
Tony

<akleak@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my new HP 9650 color ink-jet printer.
> - Red prints as brown.
> - Orange prints as brown.
> - Yellow prints as beige.
> - Different shades of green print as the same shade.
> - Different shades of blue print as the same shade.
>
> What should I do??
> - return the printer? (a pain)
> - get a new print cartridge? (simple)
> - get a new print driver? (my pc runs Win2K)

It sounds like you have a damaged color cartridge. If it is an original HP
cartridge then contact HP or your dealer for a replacement. HP contact
information can be found at:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Regards,