Virtual Desktops

cimerian79

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Hello.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit on my main box. I know when I first installed the OS, I had the luxury of multiple desktops (1-9) when I clicked in my notifications box. However, after not using it for a bit, I realized that function was turned off. :eek: Aero 3D is enabled on my machine and I searched through every nook and cranny related to desktop customization and task bar settings. How it was disabled, I have no clue. Anyone know where this setting is located? I searched the internet and it resulted in 3rd party applications, which I really dont want to do.

Thanks.

cimerian79

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010

It it s built-in. There was a small blue box with a number in the notification box, allowing me to change different desktops.

WhyFi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
You're not talking about wallpaper/themes, are you? If so, right clicking on the desktop and selecting "Personalize" should get you to where you want to go. Otherwise, the only times that I've had problems with Aero-related stuff is when a hardware change wiped out my "Windows Experience Index" - without a score in the Index, it will remove some options. Re-running the test will take care of that.

cimerian79

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
After installing the new Catalyst driver for the ATI HD5700, i realized the option is part of the video card. I was wrong as being built-in to Win7, it is part of the Catalyst Control Center for ATI. I appreciate the feed back, even though it was a mistake on my part.... duhh..

Don't forget who pointed you in that direction! :D