Can't login after workstation restore

Hello:

Restored a workstation for a two day old Ghost image after replacing a
failed hard drive. Rebooted the machine and logged in with no problems.
Windows poped up saying it had finished installing new hardware and needed
to reboot so I let it. All the sudden on reboot I can no longer login to
the domain from this computer. I can of course, login as the local
administrator and get to the internet.

The server is running Windows 2000 Server SP4
The workstation is Windows XP SP1

Someone help, FAST!!

Thanks,

-brian
2 answers Last reply
More about login workstation restore

    Brian D. McGrew wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Restored a workstation for a two day old Ghost image after replacing a
    > failed hard drive. Rebooted the machine and logged in with no
    > problems. Windows poped up saying it had finished installing new
    > hardware and needed to reboot so I let it. All the sudden on reboot
    > I can no longer login to the domain from this computer. I can of
    > course, login as the local administrator and get to the internet.
    >
    > The server is running Windows 2000 Server SP4
    > The workstation is Windows XP SP1
    >
    > Someone help, FAST!!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -brian

    Remove the computer from the domain, delete the Computer account from ADU&C,
    then rejoined the computer to the domain. I just had to do the same thing on
    a restored XP client, I suspect it had something to do with either the
    computer SID or machine password.

    --?
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
    Hope This Helps
    ===================================
    ===================================
    http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    ===================================
    It will strip signature out and more
    ===================================
    with OEBackup:
    ===================================

    Brian,

    Once you created the image system and have everything installed and
    configured did you run sysprep? And then ghost the image up to the image
    server? And how did you run sysprep on the WINXP Pro system? There are
    several options on the GUI...

    Just trying to make sure that you did things properly so that you do not
    have this same problem everytime you need to re-image a workstation. I
    assume that you did everything correctly, but it is always good to check
    things.

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Brian D. McGrew" <brian@doubledimension.com> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Restored a workstation for a two day old Ghost image after replacing a
    > failed hard drive. Rebooted the machine and logged in with no problems.
    > Windows poped up saying it had finished installing new hardware and needed
    > to reboot so I let it. All the sudden on reboot I can no longer login to
    > the domain from this computer. I can of course, login as the local
    > administrator and get to the internet.
    >
    > The server is running Windows 2000 Server SP4
    > The workstation is Windows XP SP1
    >
    > Someone help, FAST!!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -brian