Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

can't delete former users roaming profile folders

Tags:
  • Roaming Profiles
  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:04:02 PM

Hi,
I use roaming profiles on a 2000 SBS server. Over the past years, we have
had people leave the company.

I removed the users from the domain, but now find that the roaming profiles
are still in our shared 'profiles' location.

when trying to take ownership using explorer, it crashes explorer.exe.

I read subinacl.exe should reset the ownership, but only gives options for
'file' or subdirectories. Everything i try on subinacl.exe /file
d:\profiles\user /setowner=Administrator /grant=Administrator=F

i've also tried /subdirectories d:\profiles\user\*.*

but every time i get 'invalid argument"

i just want to free up the space, any advise appreciated!
(could i just boot to safe mode then take ownership? AD wouldn't start and
the owner would probobly just be the sid in that case..... )

I'm sure large networks face this daily, but i can't find any good
documentation.

thanks,
ward

More about : delete users roaming profile folders

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:03:02 PM

Ward,

I would suggest taking ownership and then deleting. Have not tried it but
that should work. So, your thought was, as far as I can tell, right on.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com