some machines can't login into domain - HELP!

I came into work this morning to find that a whole lot of users are
unable to log into the domain. The machines are just hanging on the
'Applying Computer Settings'.

Its strange, because its Win2k Machines and XP machines that have
these symptoms.
When I unplug the network on the a machine that is having trouble
logging in, it boots up normally and logs in fine.

On one of my domain controllers I'm getting the following error:
Windows cannot access the registry information at
\\spud.com\sysvol\spud.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\registry.pol
with (53).

Any ideas?

Any help would be great.
1 answer Last reply
More about some machines login domain help

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:01:47 +0930, Andrew <bart3rNOSPAM@clinicdesignNOSPAM.com.au> wrote:

    >I came into work this morning to find that a whole lot of users are
    >unable to log into the domain. The machines are just hanging on the
    >'Applying Computer Settings'.
    >
    >Its strange, because its Win2k Machines and XP machines that have
    >these symptoms.
    >When I unplug the network on the a machine that is having trouble
    >logging in, it boots up normally and logs in fine.
    >
    >On one of my domain controllers I'm getting the following error:
    >Windows cannot access the registry information at
    >\\spud.com\sysvol\spud.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\registry.pol
    >with (53).
    >

    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Any help would be great.

    Per tip 161 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com