HELP - SysVol replication failure.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

During configuring a couple of new Win 2003 Standard servers I noticed that
there was an issue in being able to apply group policy objects. I've
managed to track this down to a failure in SysVol content not replicating
between DC's.

Does anyone know if a simple method to re-instate the replication or can
someone advise me if I can manually copy over group policy objects without
causing further problems in the interum until replication can be restored?

Many thanks,

Troy.

Karen

Check the replication topology in Active Directory Sites and Services.
Ensure your domain controllers are replication partners. BTW - you can force
replication here.

"Troy" wrote:

> During configuring a couple of new Win 2003 Standard servers I noticed that
> there was an issue in being able to apply group policy objects. I've
> managed to track this down to a failure in SysVol content not replicating
> between DC's.
>
> Does anyone know if a simple method to re-instate the replication or can
> someone advise me if I can manually copy over group policy objects without
> causing further problems in the interum until replication can be restored?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Troy.

You might want to install the Support Tools. There are a couple of
utilities that will help you. Not that familiar with WIN2003 yet but in
WIN2000 Sysvol replication was handled by NTFRS. As Karen suggested, make
sure that your DCs are indeed replication partners.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Troy" <Troy@nospam.com> wrote in message
> During configuring a couple of new Win 2003 Standard servers I noticed
> that there was an issue in being able to apply group policy objects. I've
> managed to track this down to a failure in SysVol content not replicating
> between DC's.
>
> Does anyone know if a simple method to re-instate the replication or can
> someone advise me if I can manually copy over group policy objects without
> causing further problems in the interum until replication can be restored?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Troy.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Have ensured that the two W2K DC's are replication partners. Have tried
forcing replication without any success. No entries specifically relating
to replication on either server, only this entry on the secondary DC.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Folder Redirection
Event Category: None
Event ID: 109
Date: 5/01/2005
Time: 9:18:42 AM
User: INTERNAL\administrator
Computer: HOINF2
Failed to read redirection settings for policy EPA Domain Policy. The
following error occurred while accessing the initialization file:
Access is denied.

Have followed and verified all permissions settings as per Microsoft KB
290647, the only difference found being in step 1 K where the "Allow
inheritable permissions from parent to propoagate to this object" check box
was unticked on the primary DC. Ticked this for one group policy object in
the directory to see if it would replicate to the secondary DC, this seems
to have failed.

Is there anything else that I am missing?

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Check the replication topology in Active Directory Sites and Services.
> Ensure your domain controllers are replication partners. BTW - you can
> force
> replication here.
>
> "Troy" wrote:
>
>> During configuring a couple of new Win 2003 Standard servers I noticed
>> that
>> there was an issue in being able to apply group policy objects. I've
>> managed to track this down to a failure in SysVol content not replicating
>> between DC's.
>>
>> Does anyone know if a simple method to re-instate the replication or can
>> someone advise me if I can manually copy over group policy objects
>> without
>> causing further problems in the interum until replication can be
>> restored?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Troy.

TRENDING THREADS