Buy Intel stock-- NOW!

Hoodooguru

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Given the tepid stock performance of Intel in the past (INTC), now would be the best time to buy stock in Intel. The whole computing world is reacting to these Conroe performance numbers, which can only mean good revenue forecasts for Intel.

As long as they can keep costs down (which they seem to be doing given the latest managerial layoffs), then INTC seems like a really cheap buy!

http://www.google.com/finance?q=INTC

I agree. Hype will bring the stock up at first and profits will bring it up later, even if Shakirou (or Shakira as I pronounce it) says Intel will be bankrupt in a few quarters.

I could see Intel stock being at $30 a year from now. If my prediction is true that would be a huge gain on your money.

I'm broke as a joke from buying a house, wedding, and honeymoon in the last few months, otherwise I would be investing in Intel. (I previously invested in Google; bought @ 188, sold @ 400!)

Hoodooguru

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
For the long-term investor (holding at least more than 1 year to benefit from lower capital gains taxes), the going price of $17 will seem like a great deal in 2007/8/9...

csmgeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
Not to burst anyone's bubble but one big advance in CPU performance from Intel does not mean that they are a good investment. Their chip is awesome but that does not mean that a year from now you will see any difference in their stock price.

It is easy to focus too much on one great product that a company puts out. Just because all of us gamers/enthusiasts love the new Conroe benchmarks does not mean that Intel's stock will be at even $22 a year from now.

What really matters is what kind of market share can Intel capture in developing countries like India, China, etc. Just because Conore is hands down the best processor out right now does not mean that it will be used in the majority of computers. In terms of stock price all that matters is profit and putting out the best processor/OS/gadget does not mean you will make more than the other guy (look at Macintosh). Intel also needs to prove that they can consistantly beat AMD (something they have not done yet).

Actually, the time to have bought Intel stock was back at the end of February thru the beginning of March...and then again about 3 weeks ago when the quarterly news came out...at $17+/- it's a good price but would not be surprised if it dipped below 17 again before taking off...at below $18 per share, it's not a bad long term buy...

AMD stock will be attractive again when it gets down around $16 and a certain buy at $15+/-...

G

Would not recommend it at this moment. Would not be surprised if the Mid East completely erupts and the Intel plant there is rendered rubble. There is a genuine fear that Israel may face its death in the future - no exaggeration.

csmgeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
Israel is not in danger of facing its death, but some terrorists in the Middle East should be worried. Israel's gloves have come off and they are going to clean up.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
Would not recommend it at this moment. Would not be surprised if the Mid East completely erupts and the Intel plant there is rendered rubble. There is a genuine fear that Israel may face its death in the future - no exaggeration.

Hmmm, Israel will never fall, thanks to Special interests in Washington that keep the polititian greased :) lol

annihilatorpro

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006

It is VERY unlikely that Israel will fall apart, especially due to the close relationship between the United States and Israel. Have you read what Bush's official position is regarding the situation right now? He essentially said that it's not up to the United States to dictate the military decisions os Israel. What a joke! Okay, but back to the point; Israel is targetting "terrorists," and the same people that the US would have targeted (specifically Iran and Syria). So if anything really goes down, you know that the US is going to side with Israel, hands down. Israel won't fall apart, but of course, there is that chance that Intel sites in Israel will receive some of the collateral damage.