Permissions on sysvol

I rebooted my PDC and the permissions were gone for the sysvol directory. I
made it readable to EVERYONE temporarily to check if someone could tell me
the permissions that are on their box. Could someone also tell me the
permissions on the netlogon folder. I want to make sure that is correct
also. Also, does anyone know what could have caused permissions to disapear
when I rebooted? Thanks for any comments. How's it going Paul?

-Steven-
2 answers Last reply
More about permissions sysvol

    Is this a WINNT 4.0 Primary Domain Controller? You stated the netlogon
    folder!

    Or, do you have a WIN2000 Domain Controller? Here are the default paths and
    permissions:

    c:\winnt\SYSVOL\sysvol Administrators: F/C on NTFS
    Authenticated Users: read and
    execute on NTFS

    list folder content

    read
    Creator Owner: special
    on NTFS
    Server Operators: same as
    Authenticated Users on NTFS
    System: F/C
    on NTFS

    This folder is shared as "SYSVOL".

    c:\winnt\SYSVOL\sysvol\yourdomain.com\scripts same permissions as
    c:\winnt\SYSVOL\sysvol

    This folder is shared as "NETLOGON"

    Does this help?

    Also, this information should be readily available via google or via the
    MSKB....just a thought.

    If you need more help you know where to reach us.

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >I rebooted my PDC and the permissions were gone for the sysvol directory.
    >I made it readable to EVERYONE temporarily to check if someone could tell
    >me the permissions that are on their box. Could someone also tell me the
    >permissions on the netlogon folder. I want to make sure that is correct
    >also. Also, does anyone know what could have caused permissions to
    >disapear when I rebooted? Thanks for any comments. How's it going Paul?
    >
    > -Steven-

    Of course, you can just use the secedit tool and redeploy the Domain
    Controller security template and all your permissions will be reset.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Is this a WINNT 4.0 Primary Domain Controller? You stated the netlogon
    > folder!
    >
    > Or, do you have a WIN2000 Domain Controller? Here are the default paths
    > and permissions:
    >
    > c:\winnt\SYSVOL\sysvol Administrators: F/C on NTFS
    > Authenticated Users: read and
    > execute on NTFS
    >
    > list folder content
    >
    > read
    > Creator Owner: special
    > on NTFS
    > Server Operators: same as
    > Authenticated Users on NTFS
    > System:
    > F/C on NTFS
    >
    > This folder is shared as "SYSVOL".
    >

    > c:\winnt\SYSVOL\sysvol\yourdomain.com\scripts same permissions
    > as c:\winnt\SYSVOL\sysvol
    >
    > This folder is shared as "NETLOGON"
    >
    > Does this help?
    >
    > Also, this information should be readily available via google or via the
    > MSKB....just a thought.
    >
    > If you need more help you know where to reach us.
    >
    > --
    > Cary W. Shultz
    > Roanoke, VA 24012
    > Microsoft Active Directory MVP
    >
    > http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    > http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
    >

    > "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>I rebooted my PDC and the permissions were gone for the sysvol directory.
    >>I made it readable to EVERYONE temporarily to check if someone could tell
    >>me the permissions that are on their box. Could someone also tell me the
    >>permissions on the netlogon folder. I want to make sure that is correct
    >>also. Also, does anyone know what could have caused permissions to
    >>disapear when I rebooted? Thanks for any comments. How's it going Paul?
    >>
    >> -Steven-

Permissions Microsoft Active Directory Windows