  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:28:04 PM

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

All my DCs are now W2K3. Can anyone point me to a definitive document that
describes the benefits to raising the functional level from Windows 2000 to
Windows 2003?

More about : windows 2003 active directory benefits

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 3:15:30 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...

"Zippy2004" <Zippy2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
>
> All my DCs are now W2K3. Can anyone point me to a definitive document that
> describes the benefits to raising the functional level from Windows 2000
> Windows 2003?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:33:08 PM

Zippy,

Do you have any WIN2000 Domain Controllers in your environment? Or, does
the possibility exist that you might need one?

Here are some links:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...

http://www.petri.co.il/what's_new_in_windows_server_2003_active_directory.htm

I think that the link that Simon gave you is the HowTo on changing the
domain-level and forest-level functionality.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Zippy2004" <Zippy2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
>
> All my DCs are now W2K3. Can anyone point me to a definitive document that
> describes the benefits to raising the functional level from Windows 2000
> Windows 2003?
May 2, 2005 5:51:03 PM

Hello Cary.

No the last of my Windows 2000 DCs is gone and only Windows 2003 DCs are
left. There won't be any new Windows 2000 DCs.

I was just looking for a document that explains the benefits of a Windows
2003 domain -- basically, why would I want to change the forest and
comain-level from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003?

Thanks for both links. I believe you hit on it with the 2nd link.

Thanks everyone for their help.

"Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" wrote:

> Zippy,
>
> Do you have any WIN2000 Domain Controllers in your environment? Or, does
> the possibility exist that you might need one?
>
> Here are some links:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/what's_new_in_windows_server_2003_active_directory.htm
>
> I think that the link that Simon gave you is the HowTo on changing the
> domain-level and forest-level functionality.
>
> --
> Cary W. Shultz
> Roanoke, VA 24012
> Microsoft Active Directory MVP
>
> http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
> http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
>

> "Zippy2004" <Zippy2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
> >
> > All my DCs are now W2K3. Can anyone point me to a definitive document that
> > describes the benefits to raising the functional level from Windows 2000
> > Windows 2003?

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 1:54:55 AM

Excellent!