Personal goal

I made a character that I intend to play very carefully. My goal is to never
die in the game, and never get caught stealing. It will take a long time,
and she hasn't even gotten as far as Balmora yet. I expect she won't get
there for a month, IRL.

"Boo Foo" <spicyrednachos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<Z2jGc.6317$oD3.1312@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> I made a character that I intend to play very carefully. My goal is to never
> die in the game, and never get caught stealing. It will take a long time,
> and she hasn't even gotten as far as Balmora yet. I expect she won't get
> there for a month, IRL.

I find it helps to vary my goals to force me to change how I play.
But, I don't play ironman (permanent death); I don't like the
pressure. Now, I have played characters that got through a game
without dying. But, uhm, some of them have died a LOT. Particularly
ones that I play without using any training (since their
endurance/health tend to be lower and their general abilities are
lower for a given "threat level" of the game). I think Three Ears
Long has died three times already, and he just mostly goes around
talking to people, buying clothes.

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I think Three Ears
> Long has died three times already, and he just mostly goes around
> talking to people, buying clothes.

And if you try to tell a young person of today how dangerous shopping can
be, they won't believe you!

On 6 Jul 2004 10:31:44 -0700, von.sagrillo@verizon.net (DeAnn) wrote:

>"Boo Foo" <spicyrednachos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<Z2jGc.6317$oD3.1312@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
>> I made a character that I intend to play very carefully. My goal is to never
>> die in the game, and never get caught stealing. It will take a long time,
>> and she hasn't even gotten as far as Balmora yet. I expect she won't get
>> there for a month, IRL.
>
>I find it helps to vary my goals to force me to change how I play.
>But, I don't play ironman (permanent death); I don't like the
>pressure. Now, I have played characters that got through a game
>without dying. But, uhm, some of them have died a LOT. Particularly
>ones that I play without using any training (since their
>endurance/health tend to be lower and their general abilities are
>lower for a given "threat level" of the game). I think Three Ears
>Long has died three times already, and he just mostly goes around
>talking to people, buying clothes.

Well if you insist on playing 'ironman' the easiest way is to get your
alchemy skill up to 100 and make potions that Restore Health 500+
points for 999 seconds and make sure you don't run out of them. This
is *EASILY* doable if you have about 20000 gold and don't mind
layering your Fortify Intelligence potions. By the same method you can
Fortify Speed and Night Eye to ridiculous levels though taking Speed >
500 is not much fun and is in fact liable to get you killed since
minor mouse movements get you moving dramatically.

To me such things destroy the challenge so aren't as much fun as
having the "Magic RELOAD Spell" available to you. It's more fun to
actually put Difficulty to 100 and try to fight your way past the
Cliff Racers at levels 1-3...