Replace corrupted dwwin.exe

I run WinXP Home.
Dwwin.exe consistently fails to initialize on shutdown.
Is it possible that it is corrupted, and if so, how do I
replace it?
disable error reporting as suggested in WinXP Help, but
it starts again when I reboot and hasn't elminated the
problem.

Start>Run then enter "sfc /scannow" w/o the quotes. The file belongs to Dr.
Watson. If you have Norton System Works, then running Win Doctor may also
fix it. sfc may ask you to insert your XP cd (not a restore cd). sfc =
system file checker.

"Fred Hoffman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run WinXP Home.
> Dwwin.exe consistently fails to initialize on shutdown.
> Is it possible that it is corrupted, and if so, how do I
> replace it?
> disable error reporting as suggested in WinXP Help, but
> it starts again when I reboot and hasn't elminated the
> problem.

Thanks. I believe sytem file checker did the job.
I actually do have Norton System Works and before
uninstalling it (my computer was dragging), I ran Win
Doctor without result.

wrote in message
>>I run WinXP Home.
>> Dwwin.exe consistently fails to initialize on shutdown.
>> Is it possible that it is corrupted, and if so, how do
>> replace it?
>> disable error reporting as suggested in WinXP Help, but
>> it starts again when I reboot and hasn't elminated the
>> problem.
>

>.

You're welcome.