Sign in with
Your question

Flamethrower! I'm here!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 4, 2002 3:54:43 PM

You said that I don't visit the Flat Panel forum..well, I'm here now. I don't have too much experience with flat panels (because I don't own one myself) but I'll try to help people here whenever possible.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

More about : flamethrower

March 4, 2002 6:40:03 PM

Flamethrower got me into LCDs and got me learning about them. Because of him I purchased a Compaq TFT7020 and I couldn't be happier with it (unless I had DVI video card which I will soon)
I actually think I was the 2nd guy on the forum to get mine, one other guy got his for $645 and about a month later I got mine. Welcome and HAVE FUN!

"Why can't I be the man? I mean, I DO have harmony balls..." -epoth
March 4, 2002 6:44:25 PM

Hey AMD. You'll find there's a lot of fun and cool stuff to leanr about LCD's here. Ok, that was corny, but anyways, we also deal w/ vid card issues sometimes here, and that's ur specialty:) 

Sig of the week.
Related resources
March 5, 2002 3:45:49 AM

so oni, how much did ya pay for ya tft7020 monitor, i want that one too. i just picked up the radeon 8500 today so i have to make it ready for a flat panel soon
March 5, 2002 10:16:09 AM

*drools* Radeon 8500 + Flat Panel monitor *drools*

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 5, 2002 10:45:58 PM

Bah, go get an iiyama 17.4" Or a VG191. Not a TFT7020.

Sig of the week.
March 6, 2002 3:09:28 PM

You know, things like monitor reviews are very subjective. I have an NEC FE950+ and I've seen a couple of reviews saying it's garbage and others saying it's excellent. What do I think? I love it! The type of monitor you like is personal preference.

March 13, 2002 4:49:16 PM

look at it this way,

I have a sony monitor,

if someone hates sony and thinks my monitor is garbage,

I think think their opinion is garbage.
You said it, stick to your preferences, someone might like an oval shaped lcd over flat, and think that flat is garbage.

my 2 rubles.
March 13, 2002 5:47:29 PM

I paid $660 for it because of student discount but rumor has it that compaq is not giving student discounts any more. I personally love this LCD and think it even works fine in gaming. Even running non native resolution looks relatively good. If the response time is 40ms I can't wait to get something with 25ms (anyone want to buy my TFT7020? j/k)
I think its great and I'm STILL waiting for my Geforce 4 so I can finally decide for myself if DVI makes any difference in quality. So far analogue looks amazing compared to my old CRT.

"Why can't I be the man? I mean, I DO have harmony balls..." -epoth
March 13, 2002 9:05:10 PM

Oni, the price that you payed for for your tft7020 is good. i tried to get it wit hthe studnet discount and they said i was not qalifified. so i had to buy another one, and i do choose not to pay 800 for a compaq product, so i went with a samsung insead. i have order it and now its in the mail
March 13, 2002 10:14:50 PM

I'll trade LCD's, I mean if u rly want a TFT7020, I haven't returned it yet:) 

Sig of the week.
!