Cingular Ericsson GC82 wireless PC card

Hey, anyone got any idea where I can get one of these PC cards for my
laptop? My Cingular customer service representative hemmed and hawwed around
about it, and then said they didn't have anymore in stock because there was a
newer model coming out...I saw this one in Laptop magazine... Much thanks...
Aaron Worley

In <20041026025224.29586.00002770@mb-m02.aol.com> on 26 Oct 2004 06:52:24 GMT,
aworley11896@aol.comjnkbgone (Aaron Worley) wrote:

> Hey, anyone got any idea where I can get one of these PC cards for my
>laptop? ...

eBay

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John Navas wrote:

> eBay

Or he could buy a GC83 which includes the European 1800 MHz band along
with North American 850/1900.

-Gary

Cool, thanks...OK, next question: has anyone out there been able to use one of
these by just sticking it in and climbing on the internet, or is it necessary
to sign up for the service? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I figure
what the hell...might as well ask...Thanks again,
Aaron Worley

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Aaron Worley wrote:

> Cool, thanks...OK, next question: has anyone out there been able to use one of
> these by just sticking it in and climbing on the internet, or is it necessary
> to sign up for the service?

You have to be a subscriber with a voice + add-on data plan or dedicated
data plan. It requires an active SIM card to connect -- assuming that
you've installed the device drivers and management software, too:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/3.0.1.1026_gc8x_web_master.zip

-Gary