Already registered XP is asking to be activated

I have been runnin Windows XP Home SP-1 for over a year
and now all of a sudden I get the "This copy of Windows
must be activated..." message. Anybody know what the cause
& fix is, or at least how I can boot is "safemode"?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about already registered activated

    What happens after you reactivate? Does it ask for activation again the
    next time you boot up?

    "Pablo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been runnin Windows XP Home SP-1 for over a year
    > and now all of a sudden I get the "This copy of Windows
    > must be activated..." message. Anybody know what the cause
    > & fix is, or at least how I can boot is "safemode"?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hello,

    IF you made a major system change, whether software or hardware windows may
    see your computer and a new machine and would then ask you to re activate.

    Michael Ortega

    "Pablo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been runnin Windows XP Home SP-1 for over a year
    > and now all of a sudden I get the "This copy of Windows
    > must be activated..." message. Anybody know what the cause
    > & fix is, or at least how I can boot is "safemode"?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hello Again,

    There is a topic similar to this a little further down titles "Activation
    Limbo" you may find more answers there.

    Michael Ortega

    "Michael Ortega" <randomjunkmail@astyrrian.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > IF you made a major system change, whether software or hardware windows
    > may see your computer and a new machine and would then ask you to re
    > activate.
    >
    > Michael Ortega
    >
    > "Pablo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have been runnin Windows XP Home SP-1 for over a year
    >> and now all of a sudden I get the "This copy of Windows
    >> must be activated..." message. Anybody know what the cause
    >> & fix is, or at least how I can boot is "safemode"?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    "Pablo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have been runnin Windows XP Home SP-1 for over a year
    >and now all of a sudden I get the "This copy of Windows
    >must be activated..." message. Anybody know what the cause
    >& fix is, or at least how I can boot is "safemode"?
    >
    >Thanks

    Try repairing the registry entries for the activation .DLL files.

    Use Start- Run and enter the following text in the dialog box:
    regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll

    Then do it again with the following text:
    regsvr32.exe licdll.dll

    (note: You can do this in Safe Mode if XP won't start up normally)

    To startup Windows XP in Safe Mode turn on the computer and start
    tapping the F8 key rapidly just as soon as the first information of
    any kind shows on the screen. Keep tapping rapidly until the Windows
    XP Startup Menu appears and choose Safe Mode from the menu.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

  5. hey ron i try dis procedure wid ma xp home sp3...but still m havin same problem...plz tell me hw to fix dis windows must be activated in 3 days boot time msg....m already register on microsoft ....reply soon coz i hav 3 days only...

Microsoft Windows XP