No games work after Re-install OS , Will work best answer for help

Im not sure why my orginal thread got deleted, but it probably had something to do with the lines. That I only wanted a good answer and good people. Im having a problem here it is

No its not a mental problem. but here goes again

ive reinstalled Windows 7 , I have my old program files directory with my games. They are cracked, because im too lazy to use the dvd's and change them all the time. So I know they dont have to be installed the long way because theyve worked when Ive reinstalled before.

But I cant remember what things I had to put on to make the majority of them work. : NFS hot pursuit, GTA4, Cyrsis, Deadspace, all them.

Ive put on Direct X 11, Runtimes from Direct 9 and most distros.
Though Ive tried to put on Visual C++ runtimes, i tried removing them after I put everyone I could find on, and now they are a bit broken up where I cant uninstall them from the program add remove menu off control panel.

So one quick question. If I am running Windows 64, do I need to install the x86 packs. Because I have been, and did so last and previous working install of windows both packs. ? This is worth a lot to me even know that.

Since I just put on the OS, Im sure it cant be as silly as reinstalling it again.

I used IOBIT uninstaller, to rid the other visual basic runtimes, but they are left on the program add/remove still.

NVIDIA is installed newest drivers,
all chipset mobo/etc installed
audio right
Direct X 11 , with runtime distros from past

Visual C++ 2010 x64.

Mostly every game just hangs.

when loading up,

Should I kill windows with a bazooka?
2 answers Last reply
More about games work install work answer help
  1. reinstall the games instead of using the old directory backed up, some games write to other places then the c:\program files(x86)\*
  2. +1 reinstall.

Copying games from a previous install wont work for most modern games.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Games Windows 7