Booting W2K Server in Active Directory Repair Mode

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 2, 2005 2:43:39 AM

When I boot a Windows 2000 domain controller, the Administrator account is
not working with the domain administrator's password. Since a domain
controller doesn't have its own local accounts, I'm confused by what account
it is trying to use here.

--
Will
Anonymous

Hi Will

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When I boot a Windows 2000 domain controller, the Administrator account is
> not working with the domain administrator's password. Since a domain
> controller doesn't have its own local accounts, I'm confused by what
> account
> it is trying to use here.
>
> --
> Will

It is the hidden administrator account with the "directory restore mode
password" which you defined in the dcpromo phase of your domain controller.
If you want to reset this password use "%systemroot%\system32\setpwd.exe"
when running Active Directory on this dc.

Regards
Wolfgang
!