Booting W2K Server in Active Directory Repair Mode

When I boot a Windows 2000 domain controller, the Administrator account is
not working with the domain administrator's password. Since a domain
controller doesn't have its own local accounts, I'm confused by what account
it is trying to use here.

--
Will
1 answer Last reply

    Hi Will

    "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > When I boot a Windows 2000 domain controller, the Administrator account is
    > not working with the domain administrator's password. Since a domain
    > controller doesn't have its own local accounts, I'm confused by what
    > account
    > it is trying to use here.
    >
    > --
    > Will

    It is the hidden administrator account with the "directory restore mode
    password" which you defined in the dcpromo phase of your domain controller.
    If you want to reset this password use "%systemroot%\system32\setpwd.exe"
    when running Active Directory on this dc.

    Regards
    Wolfgang

Active Directory Servers Windows