Server Local Groups to AD Domain Local Groups

We're operating in an NT/2000 environment and have, on our file servers,
local groups that we use to regulate access to files and folders. As part of
our migration to Win2K AD - and because we're experiencing troubles with
these local groups - we want to make all of the server local groups into
domain local groups, and I'm looking for the easiest way to migrate all of
these groups to AD accurately. Is there an easy way to do this, or am I
stuck doing it all manually?

Thanks in advance...
1 answer Last reply
More about server local groups domain local groups

    "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We're operating in an NT/2000 environment and have, on our file servers,
    > local groups that we use to regulate access to files and folders. As part
    of
    > our migration to Win2K AD - and because we're experiencing troubles with
    > these local groups - we want to make all of the server local groups into
    > domain local groups, and I'm looking for the easiest way to migrate all of
    > these groups to AD accurately. Is there an easy way to do this, or am I
    > stuck doing it all manually?
    > Thanks in advance...

    Sorry, you are stuck doing it manually.

    You can export the list perhaps and use CSVDe but
    likely there are not enough to go through the trouble.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

Domain Servers Active Directory Windows