DC communication problem

gibo

Distinguished
May 24, 2003

Hi,
I am having some major problems with my PDC. Background:
3 Domain controllers running Windows 2003 server
1 local and two across WAN in different countries.

Up to recently everything in the garden was rosey!! Now when i go to my
exchange 2003 server ( non-DC) and open Active Directory Users and
Computers it connects to a DC across the WAN and takes ages to open. I
know replicating should occur and everything should be fine but it is
not. When i check "echo &logonserver% on different machines, none
except the exchange server point to the local DC. I am also getting
many problems in exchange with some users intermittently not being able
to recieve mail but can send!!! A reboot of exchange fixes this.

I have run dcdiag and netdiag and all run fine with no errors.

Can i force the PDC to answer first or what is wrong with my PDC???

Basically i am forced to reboot the exchange server every other day or
so when the issue occurs. This is obviously far from ideal...

Any help is gratefully recieved!
Thanks in advance,
Martin

As far as opening up Active Directory Users and Computers-
I can help you there. If you open it up from the command line or "run"
you can specify (with a switch) what dc you want to connect to. The
command is:

dsa.msc /server=yourservername.yourdomain.com

(create a shortcut on your desk top if you don't want to type it in
everytime)

Check out * Article ID : 214676 * on Microsoft's site for more info.

--
michael.miller
michael.miller's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=917