What the h... is Conroe?

Cody_7

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Well, besides the fact that they are supposed to be Intel processors that will out-perform any AMD processors I have no clue.

Maybe someone could fill me in to; I've heard so many people mention it yet I hardly know what it's supposed to do.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
Conroe is the new weapon of mass destruction created by Nazi scientists. It's supposed to be the best weapon yet. With this said:

[g]DIE NEWBIE DIE!!!!![/g]

tmac

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
What the h... is Conroe?
Any one has info about Conroe?

It is the Apocalypse. It is judgement day. As it is written
in thenquirer. When thou conroe cometh, and thou prayith
to false gods, I shall bring destruction to all AMDites who
do not open their minds, but listen to false prophets,
such as, 9nm, MMM, BM - not to be confused with Bowel
Movement - though he does speak through his anus.

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Conroe is the new weapon of mass destruction created by Nazi scientists. It's supposed to be the best weapon yet. With this said:

[g]DIE NEWBIE DIE!!!!![/g]

lol hahaha

seriously guys..have u all been living under a rock for like the past 3-6 months?

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
What the h... is Conroe?
Any one has info about Conroe?

Conroe: http://www.cityofconroe.org/
Conroe: http://www.lakeconroe.com/
Conroe: Pronounced 'Kahn-roh' Usage: (noun)
1. A convicted felon who has escaped incarceration by means of a manually powered watercraft
2. A group of convicted felons arranged linearly
(verb)
1. Disagreement over negative aspects of an object, idea, principle

Hope this clears it up for ya :lol:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Conroe: Pronounced 'Kahn-roh' Usage: (noun)
1. A convicted felon who has escaped incarceration by means of a manually powered watercraft

Thank you for clearing that up.

Always happy to help.

Honestly though, I appologize for my sarcastic post. It was not in any way helpful and just plain wrong, I know, but I am weak and just couldnt resist.

Peace :)

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Nahh don't worry i meant it as a compliment.
This is a dumb and useless post, and will probably be deleted tommorow once the mods find it.

At least you brought some humor to it. :lol:

pauldh

Illustrious
:lol: all you jokesters are having some fun.

On the more serious side as it relates to GPU's, Conroe simply put is:

The CPU you will want when considering a high-end crossfire/SLI setup, or even G80/R600.

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Simply put, Conroe is the internal Intel code name for one of its newest 65-nm core designs. Will be named Core 2 Duo in the retail channel.

More info here-

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1833.2/

A1e3m

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
hahaha, the conroe is the newest cpu chip on the market, has a huge cache and a fast fsb than basically any older intel chips and is made to compete with amd

Fagaru

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
wow what a n00b, go to Forumz - Hardware - CPU's and u c approximatly a billion n00bs talking about conroe saying it is 23% better than the fx 62, so yeah

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
"Cornrow" is a farming term used in Kansas to designate where farmers plant their corn.

It is also a hairstyle worn by Bo Derek in the movie "10", starring Dudley Moore.

It is also a hairstyle favored by certain African Americans and "gangsta" rap and hip hop performers and some basketball players in the NBA. It makes you look really, really good and highly intelligent.

Not only is it a good fast processor, it also tastes good served hot with some melted butter and a little salt.