Sign in with
Your question

The planet just cracked

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
July 15, 2006 1:14:53 AM

Whoa,

Did you feel that??? The impossible happend and the planet has cracked in response.

http://madmodmike.blogspot.com/2006/07/theres-no-denyin...

Peace

More about : planet cracked

July 15, 2006 1:22:45 AM

My respect. Mike has proven he is a man with testicles. Mods/admins if he is banned, unban him pls.
July 15, 2006 1:26:08 AM

Pfft the only reason he posted that was because everyone was handing his ass to him and he wanted it to end.
July 15, 2006 1:27:53 AM

Quote:
Whoa,

Did you feel that??? The impossible happend and the planet has cracked in response.

http://madmodmike.blogspot.com/2006/07/theres-no-denyin...

Peace

Welcome Back - MMM. These fanboy attacks and attitudes -
is getting out of control - It was funny for awhile - but enough is
enough.
July 15, 2006 1:30:55 AM

Quote:
Pfft the only reason he posted that was because everyone was handing his ass to him and he wanted it to end.

Why don't you give him a chance?
He admited he was wrong, have some respect about that. If he has not changed and this is just another HOLLYWOOD scenario, he'll be in deeper $h1+ than he used to be.
July 15, 2006 1:32:53 AM

He had a chance after he was banned but he decided to come back and troll the forums.
July 15, 2006 1:35:03 AM

Quote:
These fanboy attacks and attitudes -
is getting out of control - It was funny for awhile - but enough is
enough.

Unfortunately, this stage has only just begun.
July 15, 2006 1:38:24 AM

That could be one of the reason, but I'm glad that everyone has accepted the truth that the new Intel cpu is going to be the king.

Hey someone make a post and poll to see if we could give MMM a fresh start.
July 15, 2006 1:40:00 AM

Quote:

He admited he was wrong, have some respect about that. If he has not changed and this is just another HOLLYWOOD scenario, he'll be in deeper $h1+ than he used to be.

AMD is still the favorite until at least next year.
July 15, 2006 1:43:09 AM

In your little world maybe.
July 15, 2006 1:43:28 AM

Quote:
He had a chance after he was banned but he decided to come back and troll the forums.

I know AM, but he admited that he is hard-headed person and that he was wrong. That requires changing from the inside, growing up, breaking his fantasy world. We are humans, we are not perfect. Anyone can make a mistake, so forgive him :wink:
July 15, 2006 1:44:26 AM

Quote:

Fu(k 0ff, go troll to another thread.
July 15, 2006 1:46:28 AM

He could have stopped it from getting to this point long long ago but he decided to carry on. It wouldn't be fair to the other people who have been banned before.
July 15, 2006 1:46:47 AM

Quote:

Cmon now, lets be honest, this is the first, and ONLY time I have ever seen MMM admit to anything.

Theres an old saying in my profession : "one aw-sh!t wipes away 100 atta boys" The reverse isnt ever true. In my opinion (and its only my opinion) it should take more than this for MMM to be unbanned. Besides, I believe it wasnt his views that got him banned, but the exceptionally hostile manner in which he expressed them.
July 15, 2006 1:49:14 AM

Than why BM is not banned?
He deserves and when I opened a poll about that, the majority decided that he should stay :) 
July 15, 2006 1:52:38 AM

About time he came to his senses. :wink:
July 15, 2006 1:54:59 AM

Quote:
Than why BM is not banned?
He deserves and when I opened a poll about that, the majority decided that he should stay :) 

That, my friend, is an exceptionally good question to which I have no answer.

On the second point, I respectfully agree to disagree. MMMs virulent rhetoric was an embarrassment to anyone who respected AMD. The epitome of the axiom "with friends like that, who needs enemies"

Peace
July 15, 2006 1:55:52 AM

So are we giving him another chance? If not then, meh.
July 15, 2006 2:18:09 AM

Quote:

You should take notes from MMM's playbook and admit defeat at this point. Doing so would certainly help your situation around here. That is of course unless you actually enjoy getting owned 20 times a day.
July 15, 2006 2:20:24 AM

I never really had a problem with MMM, the same way I don't really have a problem with Ycon.
July 15, 2006 2:23:34 AM

Quote:
That is of course unless you actually enjoy getting owned 20 times a day.

He is not enjoying it, but he must consume the therapy. There is no other way.
July 15, 2006 2:29:58 AM

Wow, I did feel that and we don't have earthquakes in Michigan too often. I applaud MMM for coming to his senses.
July 15, 2006 2:41:48 AM

Quote:
That is of course unless you actually enjoy getting owned 20 times a day.

He is not enjoying it, but he must consume the therapy. There is no other way.

Report of therapy results: Negative.
Recommendation: Increase dosage
July 15, 2006 2:56:54 AM

Quote:

I was just offering my honest opinion as a person with nothing to lose either way. They both run .Net code. I'm sorry; you shouldn't put so much faith in someone else's accomplishments, but consider it a life lesson.

AMD is here to stay. Get used to it. I told Mike and Sharikou what would happen. Just like I told you. Visit their sites and see for yourself.
July 15, 2006 3:18:11 AM

Quote:

I was just offering my honest opinion as a person with nothing to lose either way. They both run .Net code. I'm sorry; you shouldn't put so much faith in someone else's accomplishments, but consider it a life lesson.

AMD is here to stay. Get used to it. I told Mike and Sharikou what would happen. Just like I told you. Visit their sites and see for yourself.

Ya know, I dont know if you've visited Sharikabobs site latetly, but his Dementia is becoming worse. MMM may have altered his tune, for whatever reason, but Shariboob continues to paint himself into his corner. Grasping at any straw, no matter how thin or obscure, Sharicompoop continues to back his theories and predictions regardless of their blatent improbability, holding steadfast to his dilusions in the face of a growing mountain of data which handily disproves everything he posts.
July 15, 2006 3:19:27 AM

Quote:
AMD is here to stay. Get used to it.

When has anyone said otherwise? (that wasn't a moron, like yourself)
July 15, 2006 3:38:02 AM

Quote:

I didn't read the BS, but I am sure it is BS. No body asked for your stupid opinion about your OT biased thoughts. Why don't you, just STFU?
July 15, 2006 4:08:55 AM

Hmmm this may cause problems with my plan for free energy from Hell... heheheheh
July 15, 2006 4:21:33 AM

Quote:
Hmmm this may cause problems with my plan for free energy from Hell... heheheheh

ROLF. :lol: 
July 15, 2006 5:01:23 AM

Quote:

Ya know, sitting here thinking about this, something occurs to me about MMM and I cant help but wonder if he's sitting in front of his screen watching this thread.

If MMM really wants to admit he was wrong and gain some respect, he should log in under one of his reputed puppet names, MrsD or GottaLoveIMC, fess up that those are in fact his puppet log ins and make his admission on Tom's forum, not just on his blog.

Have you noticed any posts from MrsD or GottaLoveIMC on Tom's fessing up?
July 15, 2006 5:36:44 AM

Quote:

Ya know, sitting here thinking about this, something occurs to me about MMM and I cant help but wonder if he's sitting in front of his screen watching this thread.

If MMM really wants to admit he was wrong and gain some respect, he should log in under one of his reputed puppet names, MrsD or GottaLoveIMC, fess up that those are in fact his puppet log ins and make his admission on Tom's forum, not just on his blog.

Have you noticed any posts from MrsD or GottaLoveIMC on Tom's fessing up?I think his admission of being wrong is just a ploy. He wants everyone to feel sorry for him, then be reinstated in the THG forums, so that he can launch another campaign against Intel...with what if's, and excuses. Not to mention his precious predictions. This so-called truthfulness, and being humble is meant to attract more people to his blog...since everyone was catching on to his agenda, and boycotting his blog. Maybe he suffers from MPD(ala Cybil).
July 15, 2006 7:24:10 AM

OK, when I read the thread title, I thought this had something to do with this:-

PlanetAMD64 - Conroe is here - Core 2 Extreme, and Core 2 Duo evaluated by Planetx64

Quote:
Yes you heard right Planetx64.com (that's the same people that run PlanetAMD64.com) has had the chance to test Intel's new flagship the Core 2 line.
They compare the Core 2 Duo E6700 and the Core 2 Extreme X6800 against the AM2 X2 5000+ and FX-62.

The actual review is here, on the parent Planetx64 site.

Quote:
Conclusion:
My original intention with this evaluation was to cover rendering, virtualization, and multi-tasking in depth. However the official release date was moved up by two weeks cutting my testing time significantly. I will be following up this hands-on evaluation with in-depth articles and evaluations on those topics, that (due to time constraints) had to be left out. The evaluation as it stands is still enough to show that Intel has finally pulled their collective heads out of the sand and gotten back into the performance game… and with a vengeance. They were not satisfied with meeting the AM2’s performance, they surpassed it significantly. Even with the latencies inherent in having the memory controller in the northbridge, Intel’s new architecture is able to pretty much pound AMD into submission. There will still be some areas that AMD will out perform Conroe. But they will be few and far between for now. Should you dump AMD and run to Intel? Well, again, that is something for you to decide. I am certain that AMD is not sitting back and shaking their heads. They are at work on something. Of course time will tell if that product will put them back in the game or not.

In all, as of this writing Intel’s new Core 2 CPUs are the predator in the CPU jungle. Running down and devouring the current competition.

Another planet has cracked! :D 
July 15, 2006 1:41:41 PM

Quote:

Yes he is sitting and he is watching the feedback. He is probably happy becouse he gained some respect. I am not sure if he really wants to change his behavior of insulting those who disagree with him. But I think that we should give him a chance. He had enough of the BS, and he wants to change that. If he has changed, than let's forget the past, if not than he goes to ban again and he will be more unrespected than he was. Be man and be fair, don't be 6ay.

Quote:

Have you noticed any posts from MrsD or GottaLoveIMC on Tom's fessing up?

I agree, it will be another prove that MMM is changed, admiting the truth. He also owns apologies to those he used to insult.
July 15, 2006 1:49:29 PM

Quote:
OK, when I read the thread title, I thought this had something to do with this:-

PlanetAMD64 - Conroe is here - Core 2 Extreme, and Core 2 Duo evaluated by Planetx64

Yes you heard right Planetx64.com (that's the same people that run PlanetAMD64.com) has had the chance to test Intel's new flagship the Core 2 line.
They compare the Core 2 Duo E6700 and the Core 2 Extreme X6800 against the AM2 X2 5000+ and FX-62.

Quote:
Conclusion:
My original intention with this evaluation was to cover rendering, virtualization, and multi-tasking in depth. However the official release date was moved up by two weeks cutting my testing time significantly. I will be following up this hands-on evaluation with in-depth articles and evaluations on those topics, that (due to time constraints) had to be left out. The evaluation as it stands is still enough to show that Intel has finally pulled their collective heads out of the sand and gotten back into the performance game… and with a vengeance. They were not satisfied with meeting the AM2’s performance, they surpassed it significantly. Even with the latencies inherent in having the memory controller in the northbridge, Intel’s new architecture is able to pretty much pound AMD into submission. There will still be some areas that AMD will out perform Conroe. But they will be few and far between for now. Should you dump AMD and run to Intel? Well, again, that is something for you to decide. I am certain that AMD is not sitting back and shaking their heads. They are at work on something. Of course time will tell if that product will put them back in the game or not.

In all, as of this writing Intel’s new Core 2 CPUs are the predator in the CPU jungle. Running down and devouring the current competition.

Looks like PlanetAMD64 has become a paid Intel pumper, right Sharikou?
July 15, 2006 2:32:09 PM

Quote:

You should take notes from MMM's playbook and admit defeat at this point. Doing so would certainly help your situation around here. That is of course unless you actually enjoy getting owned 20 times a day.

Core 2 being faster won't slow AMDs momentum for at least 1-2 quarters. They are the darling of the industry right now with their cooperative attitude and more flexible platform. If AMD puts the HT ports in the 4x4 chipset that will mean 3800+ will work.

That will move it from the extreme gamer to the user who would love to have 2 sockets that will upgrade to 65nm QUAD. That is a powerful roadmap. Because of DC, AMD is in the position to place ANY type of processor ON THE DIE with X2 or plug it into a second socket.

ATi is offering 3 PCIe slots in their latest chipset and may decide to take AMD up on their Torrenza offer and place a flip chip onto AM2.

That's a HELLUVA roadmap. Cray will DEFINITELY place coProcs there. This will drop the cost and allow for a lot more chips.

It's like comparing a 700series BMW (AMD) to a Z3series (Intel). The Z3 looks great and runs faster but the 735 goes fast enough (unless you're on the AutoBahn) and can carry your groceries.

I can remember when I talked about how enthusiasts do have a say in the market and when it was AMD we said noooo....... Now look.
July 15, 2006 2:33:50 PM

Quote:
Core 2 being faster won't slow AMDs momentum for at least 1-2 quarters. They are the darling of the industry right now with their cooperative attitude and more flexible platform. If AMD puts the HT ports in the 4x4 chipset that will mean 3800+ will work.

That will move it from the extreme gamer to the user who would love to have 2 sockets that will upgrade to 65nm QUAD. That is a powerful roadmap. Because of DC, AMD is in the position to place ANY type of processor ON THE DIE with X2 or plug it into a second socket.

ATi is offering 3 PCIe slots in their latest chipset and may decide to take AMD up on their Torrenza offer and place a flip chip onto AM2.

That's a HELLUVA roadmap. Cray will DEFINITELY place coProcs there. This will drop the cost and allow for a lot more chips.

It's like comparing a 700series BMW (AMD) to a Z3series (Intel). The Z3 looks great and runs faster but the 735 goes fast enough (unless you're on the AutoBahn) and can carry your groceries.

I can remember when I talked about how enthusiasts do have a say in the market and when it was AMD we said noooo....... Now look.

I bet it is BS. Someone read it and confirm please. I also voted 1 start for BaronBS.
July 15, 2006 2:49:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Conclusion:

No just another CPU test. I want SYSTEM tests, meaning that a 7900GTX Extreme 512MB should be tested where IT Likes. Looking at the Anand tests he runs at resolutions that USED TO BE TESTED. AND NEED TO BE TESTED. I need to know how the system will run at my resolution, not for bragging rights or to have admit that Core 2 is faster but to see if it would be worth it to skip FX60 and get a 5000+ to wait for 4x4. My compiles will be so fast........

Intel can thank you for not getting my business.
July 15, 2006 3:00:10 PM

Quote:
No just another CPU test. I want SYSTEM tests, meaning that a 7900GTX Extreme 512MB should be tested where IT Likes. Looking at the Anand tests he runs at resolutions that USED TO BE TESTED. AND NEED TO BE TESTED. I need to know how the system will run at my resolution, not for bragging rights or to have admit that Core 2 is faster but to see if it would be worth it to skip FX60 and get a 5000+ to wait for 4x4. My compiles will be so fast........

It is probably just another BS. Someone confirm pls
July 15, 2006 3:07:50 PM

Quote:
by the looks of it intel is gonna ship 20+Mu of conroe by christmas amd will lose massive market share

So will Intel unless they already sold ALL of NetBust.
July 15, 2006 3:09:30 PM

Quote:

It is probably just another BS. Someone confirm pls

That's your job Elmer FUD.

Quote:
Intel
Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93GHz)/ Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz)
Intel Desktop Mainboard DX975XBX
Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 CL4 (SLI Ready)
Leadtek PX7900GTX TDH Extreme 512MB
2x Western Digital 10,000RPM Raptor SATA HDDs (RAID0)
ThermalTake Pure Power 680Watt PSU
SilverStone NT06 CPU cooler
Generic 16x DVD-ROM
Generic 1.44MB Floppy
Microsoft Windows XP Professional/ Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition

AMD
AM2 FX-62 (2.8GHz)/ X2 5000+ (2.6GHz)
MSI K9A Platinum
Corsair XMS2 Twin2X2048 6400C4 DDR2-800 CL4 (SLI Ready)
Leadtek PX7900GTX TDH Extreme 512MB
2x Western Digital 10,000RPM Raptor SATA HDDs (RAID0)
SilverStone Zeus ST75ZF 750 Watt PSU
Stock AM2 Cooler
Generic 16x DVD-ROM
Generic 1.44MB Floppy
Microsoft Windows XP Professional/ Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition

For my AM2 system I went with an ATi chipset to remove the nVidia optimizations (SLI Ready RAM Link Boost etc). Since I do not have an nVidia based mainboard to test the Intel CPUs on I wanted to get as even a playing field as I could.

Linkage!
July 15, 2006 3:10:49 PM

And

Quote:
All games were run at 1024x768 with no additional graphical options on. The only exception to this was HalfLife 2 Episode One where HDR was set to Full. The HDR used in HalfLife is a more CPU intensive integer based HDR. These settings, for the most part, removed the GPU from the equation and should show how the CPU effects the basics of gameplay. We will be testing the Core 2 Line in real-world game play in a follow-up evaluation. All testing was done during real gameplay (with reduced resolutions). Frame rates were recorded using FRAPS. 2.7.4

Linkage!
July 15, 2006 3:18:26 PM

Quote:
That's your job Elmer FUD.

It looks like a BS, I haven't readed it yet.
July 15, 2006 3:19:34 PM

Quote:
And

All games were run at 1024x768 with no additional graphical options on. The only exception to this was HalfLife 2 Episode One where HDR was set to Full. The HDR used in HalfLife is a more CPU intensive integer based HDR. These settings, for the most part, removed the GPU from the equation and should show how the CPU effects the basics of gameplay. We will be testing the Core 2 Line in real-world game play in a follow-up evaluation. All testing was done during real gameplay (with reduced resolutions). Frame rates were recorded using FRAPS. 2.7.4

Linkage!
It from you BaronBS. It must be BS. Am I right or am I right?
July 15, 2006 3:20:28 PM

Quote:

Dude, lay off the booze.

Or the Crack
July 15, 2006 3:22:01 PM

Quote:
And

Linkage!

But that link shows HLe1 has a 33% advantage for the Core 2 ! and 40% in FEAR whoa..... I have to read some more I wanna see if thats OCed or not lol
July 15, 2006 3:52:10 PM

Quote:
And

Linkage!

But that link shows HLe1 has a 33% advantage for the Core 2 ! and 40% in FEAR whoa..... I have to read some more I wanna see if thats OCed or not lol

Look at the same tests on Anands at 1600x1200 with CrossFire. The difference is half of those numbers. Yes Core 2 is faster but the systems are much closer in real-world activities.
July 15, 2006 3:55:30 PM

Quote:
And

Linkage!

Look at the same tests on Anands at 1600x1200 with CrossFire. The difference is half of those numbers. Yes Core 2 is faster but the systems are much closer in real-world activities.

BM: Blah blah blah I'm not a fanboy at all blah blah blah

Why can't you just admit that AMD no longer have the best product, by a loooong way?
!