Group Membership

I have users who are both members of the Domain users and All Users Group?
IS this neccessary to be members of both? Is there a security risk having
users part of the All Users group.

Thanks,
George

I am pretty sure that Domain Users contains All Users except the Guests. I
wouldn't think there would be a problem with Domain Users being a part of
All Users. If it were the other way around I could see there being a
problem.

-Steven-
"George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message
>I have users who are both members of the Domain users and All Users Group?
> IS this neccessary to be members of both? Is there a security risk having
> users part of the All Users group.
>
> Thanks,
> George

Hi George,

Thanks for posting£¡

Based on my research, by default, Domain Admins is a member of the
Administrators group of all workstations and member servers. Similarly,
Domain Users is a member of the Users group of those computers. Hence, you
only need to have users in Domain Users group.

More information for your reference:
Everyone Group Does Not Include Anonymous Security Identifier
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278259

Planning Distributed Security
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/
en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en
-us/deploy/dgbe_sec_rzdw.asp

Well-known security identifiers in Windows operating systems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243330

If there is anything that is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support