Roaming profiles with Windows 2000 AD

This is not strictly on topic but as I cant find anywhere else online to
look, I'll try it here:

I am getting sporadic users with the following logon message:

"Windows cannot create profile directory [username].pds. You will be logged
on with a local profile only. Changes to the profile will not be propagated
to the server. Contact your network administrator"

Does anyone know why this is? As far as I can tell the users all have the
correct permissions to write to the local Documents and Settings Folders on
Domain PCs and to write changes back to their own profile directories. They
even get this error if I manually create a profile directory on the local
machine and try to force the PC to use it.

Rob

Though I could not find the cause, I was able to get around the error by
removing the roaming profile path and logging the user on with a local
profile. I then set the roaming profile path (same as before), and
logged the user back in to the same PC. In my case I had created the
profile folder (\\-server-\profiles\-username- ), to no avail, when I
first saw the error; I had to delete it. No more errors, and I checked
to verify that a profile was created on the server.

--
dagnerd
dagnerd's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1788

TRENDING THREADS