Which face patch?

Last response: in Video Games
July 7, 2004 11:17:40 PM

I'm still trying to fall successfully in love with the game, but I
can't seem to get over the "sterile" atmosphere of the world. Is there
a "new faces" mod for all races that is reommended, or are there
several that are worth considering?

Thanks!
M.

More about : face patch

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:32:03 AM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:17:40 +0200, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmx.net>
wrote:

> I'm still trying to fall successfully in love with the game, but I
> can't seem to get over the "sterile" atmosphere of the world. Is there
> a "new faces" mod for all races that is reommended, or are there
> several that are worth considering?

Personally, I like the "NPC Replace" mod available from
http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Motoki#NPC_Replace
It doesn't change beast races and Orcs, but that's fine with me.

In addition a body mod will improve a lot.
I prefer "Smoother Bodies" available at
http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/Morrowind/Inde...
The "Better Bodies" mod is fine, too. I just don't like what they did
to peoples' hands. They always look as if they were cramping.
"Smoother Bodies" looks much more natural concerning hands.
You'll find a preview here:
http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/Morrowind/Smoo...

If you wish to improve people's looks further you might want to try
the "Male & Female Robe Replacer" mod (18 MB) on the same site as
Smoother Bodies. The link is
http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/Robes/IcesBrad...
You'l get previews at
http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/Morrowind/Robe...
http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/Morrowind/Robe...

To add some more atmosphere a sound mod might help. Try the
"Wilderness Sounds" mod to add lots of tiny sound effects to nearly
every spot in Morrowind. It is available for example via
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp
or if you don't like fileplanet at
http://www.download.com/The-Elder-Scrolls-III-Morrowind...
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 2:52:10 PM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:32:03 +0200, Bjoern Liffers
<bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote:

>Personally, I like the "NPC Replace" mod available from
>http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Motoki#NPC_Replace
>It doesn't change beast races and Orcs, but that's fine with me.
>[snip]

Björn, thank you kindly for the excellent compilation of links! I'm
currently downloading all of the mods you've recommended -- judging by
the screenshots, they are definitely going to help the "sterile"
atmosphere of the vanilla game. Thanks again! :)

M.
!