good online computer parts

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in Shropshire,
I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
recommendations please.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Thanks Derek!

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

<the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
> competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in
> Shropshire,
> I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
> recommendations please.

Okay, I gotta ask. What is a "good business laser"? Is that some
anti-burglary or anti-theft device where you simply sweep up their ashes
in the morning? ;->

Lots here: http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

--
Derek

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Hi GT, try eclipsecomputers.com, they are based in Coventry. Been using them
myself for years. Best wishes..J

On 9 May 2005 07:02:40 -0700, the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
>competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in Shropshire,
>I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
>recommendations please.

Among the ones I've used:

Dabs, Misco, Maplin, eBuyer and DirectFrom. Just Google for the URLs.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

> Thanks Derek!

Cool.

--
Derek

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Try www.mookey.com, they are based in Telford,Shropshire. (they take
paypal)
www.pdsnet.co.uk are also in Telford.

What kind of laser are you after?,last time I looked they had some
offers on colour printers.

Are you going to build from components or buy a PC pre built?

the_ginger_tos...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
> competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in
Shropshire,
> I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
> recommendations please.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Colour Laser or such similar for producing documents and the like.

The question with regards to building or buying off the shelf,all
depends on cost and if I have the time to build 5.

steve_m...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Try www.mookey.com, they are based in Telford,Shropshire. (they take
> paypal)
> www.pdsnet.co.uk are also in Telford.
>
> What kind of laser are you after?,last time I looked they had some
> offers on colour printers.
>
> Are you going to build from components or buy a PC pre built?
>

> the_ginger_tos...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
> > competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in
> Shropshire,
> > I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
> > recommendations please.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

just like the one in James Bond ;-)

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Never seen them before! I'll have a look! Cheers!!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

The flyer I have as some fujitsu servers on,easly converted to
workstations.

I'll fire up the scanner and email it to you.

the_ginger_tos...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Colour Laser or such similar for producing documents and the like.
>
> The question with regards to building or buying off the shelf,all
> depends on cost and if I have the time to build 5.
>

> steve_m...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Try www.mookey.com, they are based in Telford,Shropshire. (they
take
> > paypal)
> > www.pdsnet.co.uk are also in Telford.
> >
> > What kind of laser are you after?,last time I looked they had some
> > offers on colour printers.
> >
> > Are you going to build from components or buy a PC pre built?
> >

> > the_ginger_tos...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
> > > competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in
> > Shropshire,
> > > I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
> > > recommendations please.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

They have just opened a Maplin in Telford, priced up a 512 flash card
,it was priced something stupid something around £70 eeeek ran out the
door 8-o

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

On 9 May 2005 07:02:40 -0700 If I have seen farther it is because I
have stood on the shoulder of giants the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com
wrote :

>I'm looking for a good online computer parts shop in the UK with
>competitive prices & a good business laser. Since I live in Shropshire,
>I'd probably have to mail-order.I'd like to ask for some
>recommendations please.

I've used CCL for years,
http://www.cclonline.com/
Not the cheapest but they only stock good gear and are competitive.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

www.ebuyer.com

On 10 May 2005 11:09:26 -0700, the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com wrote:

>They have just opened a Maplin in Telford, priced up a 512 flash card
>,it was priced something stupid something around £70 eeeek ran out the
>door 8-o

What sort of speed (the Flash Card)?

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

On 10 May 2005 11:09:26 -0700 If I have seen farther it is because I
wrote :

>They have just opened a Maplin in Telford, priced up a 512 flash card
>,it was priced something stupid something around £70 eeeek ran out the
>door 8-o

Good move.I never buy anything but small plugs from Maplin.Their QC on
PC stuff is dire.

--

In message <1115746721.548470.287780@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com writes
>Colour Laser or such similar for producing documents and the like.

theprinterdatabase.com
lnl.co.uk
printware.co.uk

I've used all of them without problems.

--
Timothy

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Is £391 a good price for a P4?

On 12 May 2005 11:40:23 -0700, the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com wrote:

>Is £391 a good price for a P4?

Depends. Would that be a P4 EE S478, a P4E 34.0, a P4 E3.2, P4 (520,
530, 540, 550), P4 (520J, 5340J, 540J, 550J, 560J, 570J)(1Mb OR 2Mb
VERSIONS) P4 EE 3.4 S775, P4 EE 3.46 S775.

And, in any case, you can get a 64 bit AMD which is cheaper and faster
than any of the above.

Hope that helps. :)

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote:

>On 12 May 2005 11:40:23 -0700, the_ginger_tosser@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>Is £391 a good price for a P4?
>>
>Depends. Would that be a P4 EE S478, a P4E 34.0, a P4 E3.2, P4 (520,
>530, 540, 550), P4 (520J, 5340J, 540J, 550J, 560J, 570J)(1Mb OR 2Mb
>VERSIONS) P4 EE 3.4 S775, P4 EE 3.46 S775.
>
>And, in any case, you can get a 64 bit AMD which is cheaper and faster
>than any of the above.
>
>Hope that helps. :)
>
> --
>
>Hecate - The Real One
>Hecate@newsguy.com
>Fashion: Buying things you don't need, with money
>you don't have, to impress people you don't like...

what about the P4 6xx's?...