Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rotate Screen

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:13:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

I feal like this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any good
answers.

Is there a way (a programm or hack or whatever) to rotate the screen? I
don't know, why this is not a build-in feature, because most of the
things you read have long lines. Not even the Acrobat Reader for PPC can
do it!?!

Here are some details on my device, if that is helpful for the answer:
Asus A620BT, MS PPC V4.20.0 (Build 13252)

Thanks for any hint.

Sascha

More about : rotate screen

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:57:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Sascha Herpers <formefromnews@brainpowered.de> wrote in
news:31nkbrF3d5sonU1@individual.net:

> Hi,
>
> I feal like this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any good
> answers.
>
> Is there a way (a programm or hack or whatever) to rotate the screen? I
> don't know, why this is not a build-in feature, because most of the
> things you read have long lines. Not even the Acrobat Reader for PPC
can
> do it!?!
>
> Here are some details on my device, if that is helpful for the answer:
> Asus A620BT, MS PPC V4.20.0 (Build 13252)
>
> Thanks for any hint.
>
> Sascha
>

virtual screen from nyditot will do the trick

--

SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Tomorrow it may get better, but it will never be allright."
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
December 8, 2004 5:58:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Or, for native functionality within the OS, look for an upgrade to
Windows Mobile 2003 SE for your device...

SoftSpot wrote:
> Sascha Herpers <formefromnews@brainpowered.de> wrote in
> news:31nkbrF3d5sonU1@individual.net:
>
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I feal like this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any good
>>answers.
>>
>>Is there a way (a programm or hack or whatever) to rotate the screen? I
>>don't know, why this is not a build-in feature, because most of the
>>things you read have long lines. Not even the Acrobat Reader for PPC
>
> can
>
>>do it!?!
>>
>>Here are some details on my device, if that is helpful for the answer:
>>Asus A620BT, MS PPC V4.20.0 (Build 13252)
>>
>>Thanks for any hint.
>>
>> Sascha
>>
>
>
> virtual screen from nyditot will do the trick
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 11:28:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

> virtual screen from nyditot will do the trick
that works. Great. The only thing I don't like: when I am in horizontal
mode (with the keys on the left or right), I would like to go directly
to vertical mode. While that works -at least for the
flipping-the-screen-part- the resolution is still that of horizontal
mode. I have to manually flip the width and height in the settings of
virtual screen, reset and then I have what I want. That makes it a
little complicated to use...

Am I missing something or is that the usual behaviour?

Sascha
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 11:30:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

> Or, for native functionality within the OS, look for an upgrade to
> Windows Mobile 2003 SE for your device...
as far as I can see it, there is no SE for Asus A620Bt. Do you have a
link, where I can find it?

Thanks,
Sascha
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 11:06:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Sascha Herpers <formefromnews@brainpowered.de> wrote in
news:31qhk9F3ee96aU1@individual.net:

> Hi,
>
>> virtual screen from nyditot will do the trick
> that works. Great. The only thing I don't like: when I am in horizontal
> mode (with the keys on the left or right), I would like to go directly
> to vertical mode. While that works -at least for the
> flipping-the-screen-part- the resolution is still that of horizontal
> mode. I have to manually flip the width and height in the settings of
> virtual screen, reset and then I have what I want. That makes it a
> little complicated to use...
>
> Am I missing something or is that the usual behaviour?
>
> Sascha
>

unfortunately that seems to be normal for the program.... And yes, it
makers it a bit complex to use, I totally agree.

--

SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com
"Tomorrow it may get better, but it will never be allright."
(Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 5:06:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

> unfortunately that seems to be normal for the program.... And yes, it
> makers it a bit complex to use, I totally agree.
another thing that bothers me: when I switch off my asus a620bt while in
horizontal mode, the pocket pc can not be swtiched on again. Only by
soft reset...

I haven't googled for it yet, though.

Cheers,
Sascha
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 5:06:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Sascha Herpers <formefromnews@brainpowered.de> wrote in
news:31tl9sF3eqgt8U1@individual.net:

> Hi,
>
>> unfortunately that seems to be normal for the program.... And yes, it
>> makers it a bit complex to use, I totally agree.
> another thing that bothers me: when I switch off my asus a620bt while in
> horizontal mode, the pocket pc can not be swtiched on again. Only by
> soft reset...
>
> I haven't googled for it yet, though.
>
> Cheers,
> Sascha
>
>

I haven't seen that problem, but I had plenty of others pop up, every bit
as annoying, during my trial period. I don't like Nyditot

Scott
!