Unable to access AD admin tools

I have a small network with a signle 2003 server running all services. AD,
DNS, DHCP, File/Print, as well as Websense and SQL. After installing some
some software I can no longer access any of the active directory
administration tools. When I try to run "users and computers" I get an error
that says "Naming information cannot be located becuase login attempt failed.
Contact administrator to make sure AD is configured and running" I'm logged
in as Administrator on the only DC on the network.

Any ideas why I can't get into the admin tools? I get essentally the same
message with any of the AD tools, but the Admin account seems to work just
fine for any other task.

Patrick,

To what Domain Controller is it trying to connect?

What happens if you run dcdiag and netdiag?

Is DNS set up and configured properly?

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Patrick Furlong" <Patrick Furlong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A7C297C-030A-413D-A9A3-6B59CDDB5C45@microsoft.com...
>I have a small network with a signle 2003 server running all services. AD,
> DNS, DHCP, File/Print, as well as Websense and SQL. After installing some
> some software I can no longer access any of the active directory
> administration tools. When I try to run "users and computers" I get an
> error
> that says "Naming information cannot be located becuase login attempt
> failed.
> Contact administrator to make sure AD is configured and running" I'm
> logged
> in as Administrator on the only DC on the network.
>
> Any ideas why I can't get into the admin tools? I get essentally the same
> message with any of the AD tools, but the Admin account seems to work just
> fine for any other task.

TRENDING THREADS