Where does a regular user go to update AD info

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 6, 2005 8:39:43 PM

I know this is probably a simplistic question but where does a regular
Windows 2000/Windows XP pro Active Directory user go to update his/her own
active directory information, like Department, phone numbers, etc...

Also does anyone know a web based tool that does this... creates a web based
directory that users can go in and look up info and change their own... and
even their password. It seems like this should be a fairly popular idea and
there should be several solutions out there but I haven't found any.

--
Alan Coleman
Network Administrator

Alan,

Going from memory, the user would have to open up the My Network Places |
Entire Network | Directory | domainname.com and then go to the OU ( or
Container ) in which the user account object is located. Then, simply
double-click on the object and edit away. Please note that there are only
certain attributes that can be modified by the user.

ADSI might be something to look at for this. I am sure that there are lots
of examples out there. You might want to visit the scripting news groups.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com