Is there a way to see HD temps?

Thanks

More about : find temps

July 15, 2006 2:44:42 PM

try pc wizard it gives hdd temps
plus a hole lot more
Related resources
July 15, 2006 7:42:55 PM

I downloaded the HD Tune. Its a great little program, thanks.

It found some damaged blocks or sectors (I am not sure what they are called) on one of the hard drives. Is there any better program than windows for fixing this?
a b G Storage
July 15, 2006 8:14:47 PM

bad sectors on hard drives cannot be fixed. The system will just mark them as bad, and never write data to those sectors again.
July 15, 2006 8:37:36 PM

Quote:
bad sectors on hard drives cannot be fixed. The system will just mark them as bad, and never write data to those sectors again.

also, bad blocks tend to spread over time. You'd better get a new hard drive...
July 15, 2006 9:02:43 PM

Seagate has a utility where you can look at the SMART data. Windows will actually notify you when your reach a point of where the drive will fail. Run seagates utility, if they determine it is bad. Go to seagates site and check to see if still in waranty. If so, do the rma and get a new one. Hopefuly you have one of the 5 yr models.
July 16, 2006 5:52:17 AM

thats a pretty nifty utility, also keep in mind there is speedfan, which also adds this kind of functionality. As well as reading hard drive temps, among everything else you may need to do.
July 16, 2006 10:26:49 AM

I used the online "seatools." When I do the quick test neither "seatools" nor " HD Tune" finds a problem. But they both find a problem doing the slow test.

After doing the online test, seatools tried to do an online rma but there was a problem:

I am an american living in Spain. I did the test on USA webpage may this caused the problem with the onlive rma. The drive is 80 gig seagate which sells on newegg for $40. I bought drive 14 months ago a local store here. This summer I am going to USA and I plan on buying one or two

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

I was planning on using the 2 80 gig harddrives in a family memberĀ“s computer.

Does Seagate charge shipping and if so, is it worth the hassle for a $40 drive.

Sorry for the long story
July 16, 2006 10:51:48 AM

Try speedfan,it's a good and safe program,it shows you all the temp including HD themps plus it has a nice feature that shows the HD's performance and fitness (S.M.A.R.T.)

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
!