Subdomain PC/server administration

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 9, 2005 3:47:16 AM

Hi,
I am newbie. Recently, I installed subdomain (x.y.local) and is there a way
to add "domain admin" from root domain (y.local) to "domain admin"
subdomain. The problem is all PCs join to x.y.local subdomain only have
x.y.local subdomain "domain admin" in local administrator group. Therefore,
if I logon to subdomain PC with y.local root "domain domain" user id then I
do not have administrator privilege. Any tips and information will be
appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Johnny Chow
May 9, 2005 5:53:18 PM

John Chow wrote:
> Hi,
> I am newbie. Recently, I installed subdomain (x.y.local) and is there a way
> to add "domain admin" from root domain (y.local) to "domain admin"
> subdomain. The problem is all PCs join to x.y.local subdomain only have
> x.y.local subdomain "domain admin" in local administrator group. Therefore,
> if I logon to subdomain PC with y.local root "domain domain" user id then I
> do not have administrator privilege. Any tips and information will be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Johnny Chow

enterprise admins
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 5:53:19 PM

Hi,
On subdomain PC, I logon root domain's administrator user id which is a
member of enterprise admin by default. I go to system property of
"Computer Name" and "Change" button is gray out (no privilege). Local
administrator group of PC has only subdomain "domain admin" in it. Please
correct me if I am wrong, do I need to add "domain admin" or other group
from root domain to subdomain "domain admin". However, I could not do it
because subdomain "domain admin" can't include user, group from root domain
except contacts and other objects. Any tips will be apprecaited.

Thanks again

Johnny Chow

!