Subdomain PC/server administration

Hi,
I am newbie. Recently, I installed subdomain (x.y.local) and is there a way
to add "domain admin" from root domain (y.local) to "domain admin"
subdomain. The problem is all PCs join to x.y.local subdomain only have
x.y.local subdomain "domain admin" in local administrator group. Therefore,
if I logon to subdomain PC with y.local root "domain domain" user id then I
do not have administrator privilege. Any tips and information will be
appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Johnny Chow
2 answers Last reply
More about subdomain server administration

    John Chow wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am newbie. Recently, I installed subdomain (x.y.local) and is there a way
    > to add "domain admin" from root domain (y.local) to "domain admin"
    > subdomain. The problem is all PCs join to x.y.local subdomain only have
    > x.y.local subdomain "domain admin" in local administrator group. Therefore,
    > if I logon to subdomain PC with y.local root "domain domain" user id then I
    > do not have administrator privilege. Any tips and information will be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Johnny Chow

    enterprise admins

    Hi,
    On subdomain PC, I logon root domain's administrator user id which is a
    member of enterprise admin by default. I go to system property of
    "Computer Name" and "Change" button is gray out (no privilege). Local
    administrator group of PC has only subdomain "domain admin" in it. Please
    correct me if I am wrong, do I need to add "domain admin" or other group
    from root domain to subdomain "domain admin". However, I could not do it
    because subdomain "domain admin" can't include user, group from root domain
    except contacts and other objects. Any tips will be apprecaited.

    Thanks again

    Johnny Chow

    "barry" <noooooo@nooonsnasdadasdasdasdasda.com> wrote in message
    > John Chow wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I am newbie. Recently, I installed subdomain (x.y.local) and is there a
    >> way to add "domain admin" from root domain (y.local) to "domain admin"
    >> subdomain. The problem is all PCs join to x.y.local subdomain only have
    >> x.y.local subdomain "domain admin" in local administrator group.
    >> Therefore, if I logon to subdomain PC with y.local root "domain domain"
    >> user id then I do not have administrator privilege. Any tips and
    >> information will be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance,
    >>
    >> Johnny Chow
    >
    > enterprise admins