password expiration

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Is there a way to set different groups password expiration to different
times with the use of group policy? If not is there any other way without
adding a child domain for the domain admins group members of the parent
domain?

Thanks,

Jason Woodard wrote:
> Is there a way to set different groups password expiration to different
> times with the use of group policy? If not is there any other way without
> adding a child domain for the domain admins group members of the parent
> domain?

There is no way to have different password policies in single domain -
this is one of the reasons to build additional domain.

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
http://www.w2k.pl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Well you can build scripts, etc to do this specific function, i.e. the
expiration. You specify to the script in some way how it should expire users
(i.e. the time frame) and then bam it forces the accounts expired. I would also
recommend having a message sent to the user up front though too. I have seen
this implemented for admin accounts on multiple occasions.

joe

www.joeware.net

Joe Richards [MVP] wrote:
> Well you can build scripts, etc to do this specific function, i.e. the

As always you are right Joe - I should say "there is no built in way to
do that with few clicks"

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
http://www.w2k.pl