Problem in DCPROMO

Hi all,

I have a Win2K domain and forest, with AD mixed mode, 2 sites each one
having a DC, and a relative slow conection. I am doing the upgrading of the
domain to 2003 technology and I have adprep'd successfully de forest and the
domain.

Now, I'm runing the DCPROMO command to join a new DC to domain, Windows
Server 2003. After running and answering to the questions of Active
Directory Instalation Wizard and, aparently, the process seems to run well.
But it stops with the following authentication message:

"
The operation failed because: The Active Directory Instalation Wizard was
unable to convert the computer account <Server-Name>$ to a domain controller
account: "Access is denied".

Type the user name and password of an account with sufficient privileges to
create an additional domain controller for the <Domain> domain.
"

Anyone can help?
Thanks.
Pedro L.

and you have run dcpromo from an account that is part of the Domain Admins
group?

a description of you error is here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232070

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"Pedro L." <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Win2K domain and forest, with AD mixed mode, 2 sites each one
> having a DC, and a relative slow conection. I am doing the upgrading of
> the domain to 2003 technology and I have adprep'd successfully de forest
> and the domain.
>
> Now, I'm runing the DCPROMO command to join a new DC to domain, Windows
> Server 2003. After running and answering to the questions of Active
> Directory Instalation Wizard and, aparently, the process seems to run
> well. But it stops with the following authentication message:
>
> "
> The operation failed because: The Active Directory Instalation Wizard was
> unable to convert the computer account <Server-Name>$ to a domain
> controller account: "Access is denied".
>
> Type the user name and password of an account with sufficient privileges
> to create an additional domain controller for the <Domain> domain.
> "
>
> Anyone can help?
> Thanks.
> Pedro L.

Sorry Andrei,

Tomazs has given to me yesterday the article url bellow and problem is well
solved. Thank you.

Pedro L.