The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 9, 2005 7:43:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I get the following error, and cannot find anything on it on the web.

What causes this?

gary

Event Type: Error

Event Source: NETLOGON

Event Category: None

Event ID: 5790

Date: 5/9/2005

Time: 2:27:53 PM

User: N/A

Computer: domaincontroller

The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: mypc, Access is denied
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 7:44:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

This article may help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284937

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gary Massengale" wrote:
|I get the following error, and cannot find anything on it on the web.
|
| What causes this?
|
| gary
|
| Event Type: Error
|
| Event Source: NETLOGON
|
| Event Category: None
|
| Event ID: 5790
|
| Date: 5/9/2005
|
| Time: 2:27:53 PM
|
| User: N/A
|
| Computer: domaincontroller

| The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON ) cannot be
| found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or
| message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following
| information is part of the event: mypc, Access is denied

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:46:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

It means:

No suitable domain controller is available for authentication in this domain

Active Directory Event

Warning Message Only

Check to see if the NETLOGON service is running

START/SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL/ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS/SERVICES

Service: Net Logon

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
!