Domain Local Groups not accesssible

Here's the situation.. Windows 2000 domain in mixed (in place upgrade from
NT 4) 2 Win 2k DC's , Win2003 server as member. When we create shares on the
2003 box the only way for us to assign rights is explicitly with the user
accounts. Domain Global groups rights are available to add, but do not have
any effect on the share permissions. Domain local groups aren't even an
option when trying to assign rights. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Domain local groups won't be available on domain members until you are in native
mode.

The global groups however should be working, obviously, something isn't being
done right. There isn't really enough info to determine what though. I would
recommend dumping the ACL for the share, dumping the ACL for the share
filesystem root, dumping the server rights and then trying to ascertain exactly
what it is you need and what of those three things is not doing it for you.

joe

www.joeware.net