Domain Local Groups not accesssible

Here's the situation.. Windows 2000 domain in mixed (in place upgrade from
NT 4) 2 Win 2k DC's , Win2003 server as member. When we create shares on the
2003 box the only way for us to assign rights is explicitly with the user
accounts. Domain Global groups rights are available to add, but do not have
any effect on the share permissions. Domain local groups aren't even an
option when trying to assign rights. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance,
Ben
1 answer Last reply
More about domain local groups accesssible

    Domain local groups won't be available on domain members until you are in native
    mode.

    The global groups however should be working, obviously, something isn't being
    done right. There isn't really enough info to determine what though. I would
    recommend dumping the ACL for the share, dumping the ACL for the share
    filesystem root, dumping the server rights and then trying to ascertain exactly
    what it is you need and what of those three things is not doing it for you.

    joe

    www.joeware.net

    benminsv wrote:
    > Here's the situation.. Windows 2000 domain in mixed (in place upgrade from
    > NT 4) 2 Win 2k DC's , Win2003 server as member. When we create shares on the
    > 2003 box the only way for us to assign rights is explicitly with the user
    > accounts. Domain Global groups rights are available to add, but do not have
    > any effect on the share permissions. Domain local groups aren't even an
    > option when trying to assign rights. Any idea's?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Ben

Domain Active Directory Windows