Newb Movement Question

It seems like sometimes when I am pressing "W" to move forward, my char
will stop when I release it. Other times he keeps moving after I
release, until I hit "W" (or some other movement key) again.

I detest this latter behavior; is there a way to make it go away?

John Baker wrote:

> It seems like sometimes when I am pressing "W" to move forward, my char
> will stop when I release it. Other times he keeps moving after I
> release, until I hit "W" (or some other movement key) again.
>
> I detest this latter behavior; is there a way to make it go away?

"Q" makes you walk/run continuously even if you move your finger off the
key, pressing again will make you stop. "W" will make you walk/run as
long as you're pressing it or make you stop if you press it while you
are "traveling" with "Q".

~Dove~

--
"I'm gonna go out in this world and get everything I can get. I mean,
I'm gonna be rich, super rich. I mean, I'm gonna be spending money like

Mourning Dove wrote:
> John Baker wrote:
>> It seems like sometimes when I am pressing "W" to move forward, my
>> char will stop when I release it. Other times he keeps moving after I
>> release, until I hit "W" (or some other movement key) again.
>>
>> I detest this latter behavior; is there a way to make it go away?

> "Q" makes you walk/run continuously even if you move your finger off the
> key, pressing again will make you stop. "W" will make you walk/run as
> long as you're pressing it or make you stop if you press it while you
> are "traveling" with "Q".

That explains it, I believe I have been pressing 'Q' accidently when in
tense situations. It should be a simple matter of disabling that key.

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:03:52 GMT, Mourning Dove
<mourningdove@NOSPAMingenia-design.com> wrote:

>"Q" makes you walk/run continuously even if you move your finger off the
>key, pressing again will make you stop. "W" will make you walk/run as
>long as you're pressing it or make you stop if you press it while you
>are "traveling" with "Q".

I'd also add that caps lock sets 'always run' mode which drains your
fatigue but adds to athleticism. Also that you do NOT want to be using
Q when you're under attack - it's a good way to get dead quite
quickly!

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:04:01 GMT, John Baker <baker-j@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>> "Q" makes you walk/run continuously even if you move your finger off the
>> key, pressing again will make you stop. "W" will make you walk/run as
>> long as you're pressing it or make you stop if you press it while you
>> are "traveling" with "Q".
>
>That explains it, I believe I have been pressing 'Q' accidently when in
>tense situations. It should be a simple matter of disabling that key.

You can also go to options (hit 'esc' which is where you save game
when you're not quick-saving) and reset the keyboard commands. No need
to put weights on your keyboard as some have suggested.