good value colour laser wanting (in the UK)

scorPs

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2004

Am looking for a new colour laser printer, prefer one where you can refill
the toners cheapish.

Dont need networking, duplex or any fancy things, just good colour
printing and economic refilling
cheers for any info

Scorps wrote:
> Am looking for a new colour laser printer, prefer one where you can refill
> the toners cheapish.
>
> Dont need networking, duplex or any fancy things, just good colour
> printing and economic refilling
> cheers for any info

It's really difficult to get refilled toner for colour laser printers.
Generally, the toner doesn't fuse properly or the colours are badly out
of calibration. If you want laser-economy in a workgroup type package
you might want to consider the HP Business Inkjet range which have the
lowest colour cost per page around because they use separate ink-tanks
and printheads. You might want to look at the Business Inkjet 3000 which
is laser-speed and low cost. HP are not replacing it when it goes end of
life so there are good deals on it at the moment. I'm very happy with mine.

--
Mushroom

davy

I have only a Mono one - some use I hear you say.

Maybe if you check this site (where I get my toner refills from for my
Samsung ML1510) it may give you some idea of the models that can be
refilled.

http://www.refilltoner.com/samsungRefillCom.html

You'll have to navigate away from Samsung, there are other brands and
they do colour refills

Cheers Davy

Davy wrote:
> I have only a Mono one - some use I hear you say.
>
> Maybe if you check this site (where I get my toner refills from for my
> Samsung ML1510) it may give you some idea of the models that can be
> refilled.
>
> http://www.refilltoner.com/samsungRefillCom.html
>
> You'll have to navigate away from Samsung, there are other brands and
> they do colour refills
>
> Cheers Davy

That wasn't my point. The point was that if you use refills for a colour
laser your colours will almost certainly be borked. It's almost
impossible for a refiller to get the right consistency of pigment, wax
and developer in teh toner particles taht will give decent prints. The
print either flakes off or is the wrong colour completely.

--
Mushroom