Problem Microsoft Works 7.0 Spreadsheet

I have a laptop computer with an external floppy drive. The following
problem is occurring in the Spreadsheet program in Microsoft Works 7.0

When I open a Microsoft Works spreadsheet file or create a new file, I
get no error messages popping up when I go to save it to the floppy
disk for the first time. However after I have saved the changes and
have added extra info to the spreadsheet when I go to save the file
again, I get the following error message.

Error Message:
Insert the disk containing the document A:\filename.xlr. The floppy
disk is not in the drive, the drive door is open, or the disk is
write-protected. Correct the problem and retry again.

Why is this message popping up? The floppy disk is in the drive. The
drive door is closed and the disk is not write-protected.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Stephen

Try the group at microsoft.public.works.win

"Autographs" <hotrodspike@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop computer with an external floppy drive. The following
> problem is occurring in the Spreadsheet program in Microsoft Works 7.0
>
> When I open a Microsoft Works spreadsheet file or create a new file, I
> get no error messages popping up when I go to save it to the floppy
> disk for the first time. However after I have saved the changes and
> have added extra info to the spreadsheet when I go to save the file
> again, I get the following error message.
>
> Error Message:
> Insert the disk containing the document A:\filename.xlr. The floppy
> disk is not in the drive, the drive door is open, or the disk is
> write-protected. Correct the problem and retry again.
>
> Why is this message popping up? The floppy disk is in the drive. The
> drive door is closed and the disk is not write-protected.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks
> Stephen

No office document is designed to be opened on floppy.

http://www.uscricket.com