AMD 3800+ venice
Corsair 1024x2 3200 PC memory
evga 7900 GT
WD Raptor sata 10k 74GB
NEC DVD/CD R
Just PC JPC-FP500S PSU
Thermaltake Aguila

and heres my issue:

all fans power on, the case LEDs are up and running, however, no video signal to my monitor. its just blank. no beeping, no weird error noises, nothing. the light that should be green on the monitor remains yellow (no signal)

my monitor is an analog connection, however, the card has only DVI, so i have been using and trying both the dvi slots and the dvi converters. no difference. monitor was working fine the day i put the machine together.

the mobo diagnostic lights are also red.

've installed everything, reseated everything a bunch of times. and tried hooking up only essential hardware (mobo, memory, GPU, CPU, PSU) and rearranged the memory various slot configs. still the same problem persists

on a lesser note the CD drive doesnt want to open either. go figure.

please help. 'll be forever greatful.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
does everything start up when u turn it on - like do the fans spin?

mab your psu is bad/ not powerfull enough?

are there any beeps when you attempt to turn it on?

is something blocking your cpu fan? (this happened to me once..comp wouldnt stay on for more than 5 sec) i dropped a screw in the fan

ChrisBond

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Or maybe your fried your motherboard. This always happens and people realize because you can't feel the shock. And if that's the case, I would say not a powerful enough psu for your graphic card. Trying it on without the GPU installed and see what happens?

dandano

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
first, try starting it with *no* ram. then does it beep? it should. if it doesn't then the problem is either cpu or motherboard.

pcsteve

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Might sound stupid but have you got a good connection on the psu plugs to everything? i.e. Mobo/Graphics card.
I also tend to do as mondoman suggested, re-build outside the case, could be an earth fault somewhere.... take it from there