IMAP Problems, permission related

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 10, 2005 8:56:06 AM

W2k Domain SP4, Exchange 2000 SP3

Problem:
Domainusers have access to our Exchangeserver via POP3/IMAP/Smtp. Everything
works fine as long as there are no logon restrictions set. Since some users
are only allowed to log on to certain computers, we have to set the "only
logon to ..." permission. These users cannot access there mailbox via IMAP
(which is required), once we revoke the permission, IMAP works again.
What do I have to do to make these users access hteir mailbox ?

Greetz
Martin

--
Assimilated you will be, yes. Futile resistance is. Yoda of Borg I am...
Anonymous

Martin Westphal wrote:
> W2k Domain SP4, Exchange 2000 SP3
>
> Problem:
> Domainusers have access to our Exchangeserver via POP3/IMAP/Smtp. Everything
> works fine as long as there are no logon restrictions set. Since some users
> are only allowed to log on to certain computers, we have to set the "only
> logon to ..." permission. These users cannot access there mailbox via IMAP
> (which is required), once we revoke the permission, IMAP works again.
> What do I have to do to make these users access hteir mailbox ?

Users have to have rigth to log on to IMAP server - enable audit of
account logon events and search for failuers form your exchange server,
probably you will see error messages thath user does not have the right
to log on to this server

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
http://www.w2k.pl